Thursday, February 25, 2021

Last week's drugstore shopping

Boy do I need to get my head back into the drugstore game. Almost everything that went wrong last week, was my fault. I wasn't reading or checking coupons correctly.

Sorry, I didn't take any pics. It's been another crazy week & DS was sick too. 


Rite Aid

2 x Blister cushion $2.64

1 x Large Palmolive 2.69

5 x Small Palmolive 8.05

2 x PF lipstick (B1G2nd 50% off) 12.73

2 x Revlon eyeshadow 14.58

1 x Revlon eyeshadow 75% off 1.85

1 x Revlon kiss balm 4.99

2 x Revlon kiss balm 75% off 2.48

1 x Reese's candy 0.69 (had to get total to $50)

Less BC (34.00)

Tax 3.00

OOP $19.67

Earned $18 BC + $15.50 Ibotta ($15 Revlon, 50c February bonus) = $33.50 


Ugh, silly me thought that the $15 WYS $50 BC Q was a $15 off $50 Q. So I was rather upset that my OOP was so high. 

The blister cushion was on sale, so I figured I'd try it to see if it's part of the monthly foot care deal. My store didn't have any of the items I saw reported as working. In fact, they had limited footcare items. The KY was also much more pricier than the $4.xx ones I saw online. 

I totally messed up on the Physician's formula too. It was Spend $15 get $5 BC. Except, it was B1G50% off. I didn't want to go back to the store and spend another $8 + just to earn $5.

I had to switch up several things, because my store was OOS on the items on my list. Then I had to figure in my 10% silver discount to try & reach thresholds. I was crunching numbers in my head, cause DH was waiting in the car (he hates shopping or waiting on me to finish shopping), so I couldn't just shop at my leisure. 

Anyhoo, I ended up spending that $34 BC before they expired. 


WAGS

Store 1

2 x Revlon Kiss Balm (B1G50% off 2nd) $7.48

2 x Oral B t/b 7.98

Less Revlon DQ (4.00)

Less Oral B DQ (3.00)

Less WG reward (5.00)

Tax 0.93

OOP $4.39

Earned $8.50 RR ($4 Revlon, $4.50 Oral B)


Store 2

2 x Revlon Kiss Balm (B1G50% off 2nd ) $7.48

2 x Bic Razors 11.98

Less Bic DQ (3.00)

Less Bic IP Q (3.00)

Less WG rewards (5.00)

Tax  1.17

OOP $9.63

Earned $7 RR ($4 Revlon, $3 Bic) + $6 Ibotta (Bic)


What on earth. I knew that I had 2 Revlon DQs totalling $5.50 that didn't deduct. I still showed it to the cashier on my phone, but she wouldn't budge (I hate how WAGS can't adjust anything after the cashier hits total). So I paid my high OOP and figured I'd contact CS when I get home. When I went online to do Live Chat, I saw that the DQs exluded Kiss Balm. Grrrr. Yet again my fault. My plan was actually to just buy the razors at store 1, but they were OOS. If they had stock, I wouldn't have bothered to stop at the 2nd store. I'm not upset about the WAGS items, because I love the Kiss Balm and we use everything that I purchased. 


I ended up spending $33.69 OOP just at the drugstores last week. I'm not happy, because I'm already over budget for the month. I now have to figure out a plan to roll all these RRs next week. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been burned way too many times and then end up buying things I don't need or use, so I quit the game. Still do rite aid for hair color and that is about it. But I admire people who do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart move Kim. I know I can do better than this, I just need to pay better attention.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...