Thursday, March 4, 2021

February month end check in

February's grocery budget was broken, broken, broken. I don't know how the shortest month of the year turned out to be so expensive. It's those darn good sales that happens when you least expect it...lol. Well if I count all my grocery earnings, then the budget doesn't look to bad.


Grocery shopping (includes HBA and cleaning products) : 

OOP : 427.91

Ibotta : $82.90

Fetch : $3

CATs/RRs : $18.50

Kroger Cash Back (KCB) : $24.79

Total grocery earnings : $129.19


Clothing OOP : $31.75 (shoes for DS) Earned $0.60 Rakuten


Gifts : No gifts purchased


MONEY EARNED (SIDE HUSTLE)


Earned $50 gcs  (One $25 was for Walmart, which will be used for grocery shopping)

Ibotta : Redeemed $95 gcs

Personal items (things we've had listed for the past 2 years) : $19.95

2021 Closet cleanout : $33.49

Big goal : $73.38

Drugstore items : $21.91

Rakuten : 36.09

Total earnings (excluding Ibotta) : $234.82


YTD Earnings :

GCs (point earning sites) : $75

Ibotta : $95 (redeemed)

Personal items : $62.84

2021 Closet cleanout : $48.91

Big goal : $209.62

Drugstore items : $48.12

Rakuten : $36.09

Total Earnings (excl Ibotta) : $480.58


This is the smallest February Rakuten check that I've received in years (I usually get 2-3 times as much). It just shows how much less I've spent over the holidays (holiday shopping is why I usually get a big fat check), so I'm happy


For those who sell their personal items online - February is always slow. March should start picking up again.


I listed zero items from my closet. This month passed in such a blur, that I didn't get around to going through my closet. 


That's my February. As expensive as this month was, I'm thankful that we didn't need anything other than groceries this month. 

7 comments:

  1. If you count your rebates earned against your food spending you did very well! Don't beat yourself up over spending so much. It happens..give yourself some grace. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy! I normally count my rebates/rewards when I use them. I'm one of those 'failure is not an option' people, but you're right. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. After all, I'm spending less than that $500 p/m that I used to spend.

      Delete
  2. I have things to sell if I can figure out how to post pictures! You did well. Will the sale food help to keep future grocery costs down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sale food definitely helps with future costs. This is why I stock up when I see rock bottom prices.

      Delete
  3. I think you did really well this month. Your side hustle income is very good.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...