Monday, October 16, 2023

CLEARANCE SALES ALERT & Menu Plan Monday!

PSA! PSA! PSAAAAAA!!!!!!

The following stores currently have great clearance sales. I always shop opposite seasons. I bought summer things for next year. Now is the best time to purchase summer stuff, because the discounts are deep - especially since people aren't buying much. I found items for $3! If you have kids, buy the next size or 2 up and save it for upcoming seasons. I've always shopped this way for DS and we've never had to do Back to school shopping. We just did BTS shopping from our spare closet. It saves lots of $$$.

MEIJER

Extra 90% off pink ticket clearance items. Not much available at my store, but check the shoes & accessories section. Selection varies by store. 

Also, Meijer currently has a Spend $100 get $10 Cat deal. The good news is that Meijer always calculates the total BEFORE all other discounts. I bought DS some clearance shoes (paid $1.80 OOP per pair) and also did the Buy 5 get $5 off instantly deals and, to my surprise, a $10 CAT printed (I wasn't expecting it).  Whoo-hoo for free money! I spent a little over $60 OOP, but the register calculated the total based on the original shoes clearance prices and the grocery discount deals. 

Also, you can stock up on Kraft salad dressing. It's on sale for $1.99 (sigh, the old sale price was 99c) and there's an Ibotta rebate for 65c (amount might vary per user). Limit 5. A great stock up price. Check expiration dates. I always look for the later expiration dates. The ones I bought only expire April 2024.

JCP - ends 10/22

B1G1F pink sticker clearance. This is the store to hit, cause they have tons of clearance at very good prices. You can purchase an odd/uneven number of items. Everything rings up at 50%, so the discount will be applied to all items. Be sure to check all departments, as they seem to have great sales on just about everything. 

Kohls

Extra 50% off clearance items. My store didn't have much clearance the last time I was there, but I have KC to spend, so I'm going to double dip with the clearance items. Fingers crossed that they've added more clearance items.

I'm pooped. I was out half the day. I didn't even hit all the stores that I wanted to. I need another day or 2 of shopping as I need to squeeze in some drugstore deals too. Ugh, why do all stores have good sales at the same time? This always happens when I plan to stay home to get things done. 

I got home just before DS did. Threw all the breakfast sausage I bought into the pan (then froze), put garlic bread into the oven and put a salad together. This is why I cook on Sundays. I was very happy to not have to worry about dinner. Here's our meal plan for the week. 

Monday : Ravioli with meat sauce, garlic bread, salad

Tuesday : Spinach feta quiche, salad, veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Mexican - nachos or quesadillas with beans, pico, guac

Breakfasts : Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, toast (wheat, raisin, chocolate brioche bread), breakfast sausage, breakfast burritos, bagels with cream cheese

Lunch : I'm eating all and any leftovers that's in the fridge to avoid waste

Dessert : Nada! 

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies, salad fixings & yogurt available. 

I'm giving myself a Big Fat F for failing the weight loss last week. Between the bread rolls (man, those rolls were good), cookies, apple pie & ice cream, I gained a pound 😭So no dessert & no muffins for this week. I bought both Cinnamon raisin & Harvest bagels at Aldi, so we can have that in place of muffins. I really like the Harvest bagels (seasonal). 

I really wanted that lasagna, but how do you make lasagna without lasagna sheets? 😂 Plan B. There was still ravioli in the freezer, so instead of buying lasagna sheets, I used the ravioli. Easy peasy. 

I'll respond to comments when I get a chance. I need an early night 💤

Bon Appetit 🥘& Happy shopping 🛒 Peeps!

6 comments:

  1. I bet you were pooped after yesterday. lol I'll bet you worked off that one pound that you gained last week.
    I miss having JCP, ours closed a few years ago. We do have Kohls and it was actually already on my list of places to stop this week.
    I need to make ravioli soon. I love it. Have a fabulous week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did lose the pound :) One of my favorite clothing stores in SA actually had a slogan that said 'Shopping burns calories'...lol I stopped shopping at JCP when they ended coupons. They have really great sales though. I was hoping to find some new spare slippers for myself, but then I remembered that it's summer clearance...lol. The ravioli was so good! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. You have a great time getting the best possible bargains you can. I love reading about them.

    Menu looks great.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I always think of you when I see capris on sale. You mentioned before that you were making capris for yourself so every time I see it, I think of how you could be benefiting from the low US prices :)

      Delete
  3. Yum, all of that sounds delicious. I've been wanting spaghetti lately, so I'm going to have to fix some soon. I'll have to check out the Kohl's clearance. Bailey needs new clothes as she has lost weight, so thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda. I have made spaghetti & meatballs in a long time. I hope Bailey found some good deals. Well done to both of you on the weight loss!

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...