Thursday, August 13, 2020

Homemade Buffalo Wild Wings

 When Buffalo Wild Wings opened here years ago, we frequented the place. Chicken is my preferred meat and we loved most of their sauces. Then the quality of the food went down and the prices went up, so we stopped going there. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I asked for some Ranch dressing on the side (I love to dip potato wedges in Ranch) and they charged us $1-2 for the tiny cup. That was it! No more BWW.


When I saw these bottles at Walmart a few weeks ago, I just had to have some. After all, Caribbean Jerk is the one I always ordered at BWW. So I marinaded the chicken tenders (that I got at Sams) in the sauce overnight, then baked it in the oven. 25 Minutes later, we had to most delicious, juiciest chicken tenders ever. That tenders turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because it cooks so fast. That did it for me. This sauce is now one of the items I have to stockpile....lol



So this is what we did for dinner that night. Tenders, baked potato, baked beans, carrot/pineapple salad. It was so good that DH said he's gonna try the sauce on fish too. A week later, I cooked double the amount of tenders and made chicken sandwiches for ourselves with Romaine salad (I don't buy lettuce, cause it would just go to waste here), roasted red peppers, pineapple slices. We had that with potato salad. A sandwich like this would set you back at least $10 at BWW or other restaurants and you get no sides with it. So how much did it cost us?

Package of non GMO chicken at Sams (around 5 lbs) $10-12 (this is packaged in 4 individual bags.

Let's say I used half the chicken. That would give us a price of $5-6 (you only need 2 tenders per bun). I'm using the $6 price

8ct Buns $2.50

BWW Sauce $2.96

Can pineapple slices $0.92

Jar Roasted red peppers $1.98

Bag salad $2.98

Total cost to for 8 sandwiches = $17.34 or $2.17 per sandwich.

The best part is that we're getting good non GMO chicken. You can't find that in a restaurant, unless you pay a ridiculous price for it. 


Today we made chicken wraps with the leftover tenders for lunch. I now just freeze the leftover cooked chicken and nuke it when we need some. Soooo good!


Tonight I'm gonna try to make Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme.

I'm gonna try to make all kinds of restaurant foods at home. We're sick of getting carry out. Not only is it safer & cheaper to make our own, but it tastes way better too.


Warning: If you don't like Hot or Spicy food, stay away from these sauces. 

6 comments:

  1. I love hot and spicy. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid they were all hot sauces. I love to cook chicken and freeze it. I can get it out and make it into whatever I want by putting sauces or spices on it. I cannot imagine feeding five people from a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that they do have milder sauces. However, I don't know if they sell all their sauces in store. This is the only 2 flavors I've found thus far.

      Freezer cooking is my favorite. As much as I enjoy cooking, I'm not always in the mood for it or sometimes I'm just to busy to cook.

      Delete
  3. I'll have to keep my eye out for those marinades - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hawaii Planner! The chicken can be grilled too. Hope you'll enjoy it too.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...