Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Busy shopping week

Hi everyone

If you use Ibotta & shop at Wags, get yourself to your nearest Wags. There are several boosters that are stacking this week. x WYS $XX (I had 2 of these on my account and both applied), $7 WYS $25 on Beauty. Ibotta has several different Nivea offers too. Here's what I did.

After Wags, run to Kohls for extra 50% off clearance. ALL CLEARANCE, including household items and toys. But first, stop at RA, because they have Kohls gcs on sale this week. Buy $50 Kohls gc, get $8 BC (limit 2). I was going to Kohls anyway, so I figured I might as well get that extra $16 from RA too.



Wags

Trans 1

3 x Nivea Shave gel $12.57

3 x Nivea face wash 18.87

Less 4 RRs (14.00)

Tax 1.89

OOP $19.33 

Earned $34 WC ($9 Nivea, $7 WYS $25, $6 WYS $20, $7 WYS $25 Beauty. I have no idea what the other $5 is for) + $6.25 Ibotta.  I wanted to submit to coupons.com too, but can't log into my account. I forgot my password (I don't even remember signing up) and tried the "forgot password", but I'm not getting any email link to reset my password. That would've added another $6.

Total earned $40.25

Somebody forgot to take the $10 gc to the store, but it was used today - see below. Huge MM deal for me. Happy dance!

You don't have to do the Nivea deal. You can add any beauty items (razors aren't included in beauty) to reach the threshold amount. I did the Nivea, because it's a big MM. 

Trans 2

2 x Softsoap b/w $9.98

Less DQ (1.00)

Less RR (4.00)

Less WC (5.00)

Tax 0.36

OOP $0.34

Earned $5 WC (My $5 RR didn't print, so CS added $5 to my account)



I stopped at the Dollar Tree to look for more Palmolive spray bottles. No Palmolive, but I found this placement. Isn't it just beautiful? I need a wall sign like this, but they charge an arm & a leg for it online and I can't find it in white & navy blue. Does anyone else go to the DT for something specific, then walk out with totally unrelated items?

Then back to Wags today to use RRs that are expiring this week. I only had the $7/25 Beauty booster on this account, but I received a $9/40 paper booster during my last shopping trip. Here's today's deal.


Trans 3

4 x Olay b/w $28.00

1 x Loreal moisturizer 18.99

1 x Loreal moisturizer B1G2nd 50% off 6.74

Less Loreal DQ (12.00) not everyone received this Q. It's a "For You" DQ

Less RR (4.00)

Less GC (10.00) My last gc from that great sale in December

Tax 2.98

OOP : $30.71

Earned $16 WC ($7 WYS $25 Beauty, $9 WYS $40) + $7 Ibotta ($5 Olay, $2 Loreal, should've been $4 Loreal, but I don't have the energy to follow up for just $2)

Total earned (see below) : $43

You already know that this transaction was a cluster. The cashier scanned all items, but scanned the Loreal items twice. Both showed full price, then also 50% off prices. No way! This isn't right. So I walked the cashier through the deal (I saw on her tag that she's new - started 2023). Plus the Wags system has been updated and everything was running slow. We finally got that fixed. 


Trans 4

2 x Colgate $7.98

2 x Kit Kat 2.50

Less Colgate DQ (4.00)

Less RR (4.00)

Less WC (2.00)

Tax 0.30

OOP $0.78

Earned $4 WC (Colgate)

I gave the cashier a Kit Kat for all the trouble. It wasn't my fault, but I always do this when things go south. This is Wags after all. I'm already kinda used to this. 

It was reported that the Olay Q didn't deduct, so I expected that. However, as I was driving to Kohls, I realised that I never received any RRs ($5 Olay, $5 WYS $15 PG) and my $5 Loreal WC. I didn't have time to turn around. I think I have it figured out. It seems that the RRs don't print when I use a Store RR. The same thing happened with the Softsoap deal earlier this week. That doesn't make sense to me, because it's not even the same deal/sale. 

When I got home I did Live Chat and they added $20 to my account. So I earned a total of $43 on the Loreal Transaction. Another nice MM. Free moisturizer is great, but MM moisturizer is even better. Whoo-hoo!

WAGS recap

Total items purchased : 18

Total OOP : $51.16 (approx $2.84 per item. price includes tax)

Retail value : $134.32

Total Qs used : $17.00

Total Gcs used : $10.00

Total rewards used : $35.00

Total rewards earned : $79.00

Total Ibotta earned : $13.25

Total spent (rewards + gc + oop) $96.16

Total earned (rewards + ibotta) $92.25


RA

Trans 1

2 x $50 Kohls gcs $100.00

Earned $16 WC


Trans 2

1 x Large Tide $12.94

1 x Olay toner 6.29

1 x Secret deodorant 7.79

1 x Crest t/p 6.99

Less Tide DQ (3.00)

Less Olay DQ (2.00)

Less Crest DQ (3.00)

Less BC from trans 1 (16.00)

Tax 2.04

OOP $12.05

Earned $10 BC (WYS $30 PG)

Hold on! Why didn't my $5 Secret DQ deduct. I especially bought this item, because of the nice DQ. Well, it turns out you have to purchase 3 items for the Q to apply. Ughhhhhhh! Why don't they state it on the main Q pic like Wags, so you know that you need to purchase multiples. I know. I can't believe I actually praised Wags...lol. Well, I at least got my Tide. I haven't shopped at RA in about a year, so I need to learn the ropes again. I also need to check if there's a PG rebate, so I can earn extra cash back.

Has anyone noticed any shortages at the drugstores or grocery stores lately? I've noticed that toothpaste was low at different Wags locations. This is very strange, because Wags is always the best stocked drugstore. I sure hope there won't be shortages on anything again. My goal is to ensure that we have at least 2 years worth of HBA and one year's groceries (non perishables). HBA is easy, thanks to the drugstores. I'm not stocking up on much food until I move though. 




Meijer has Kraft cheese on sale for $1.99 this week (please excuse the glare on the pic). It's part of the Buy 5 Save $5 instantly sale that ends on Saturday. My Ibotta offer is for 75c (limit 5). So this mama decided to "Shop smart, not hard". I did 3 separate Kraft transactions. This way, I can just submit my receipt when the rebate resets. No need to make a special trip to the store to buy more cheese. The rebate reset once already, so I have one more receipt to submit.

Oh yes, I bought 15 bags of cheese. We eat cheese daily and I'm not sleeping on $1.25 cheese. I've been buying Walmart cheese ($2/8 oz) when there's no good cheese sale. Remember, cheese can be frozen. I made sure to add the extra items (like cilantro & parsley that I needed to buy) to each transaction, so that Ibotta doesn't think I'm submitting the same receipt (cheese only) multiple times. I'm seeing quiche & homemade pizza in our future :)

I picked up the sale milk at Kroger. I only see Mission tortilla chips (my favorite) that I need this week. 

I am outshopped. I am seriously sick of shopping. I just need a break so I can catch up on other things. I'll post January numbers by tomorrow or Friday.

Happy shopping peeps! 

6 comments:

  1. You are just amazing. It makes my head hurt even thinking how you do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nerves of steel & the patience of a saint (at least at Wags)...lol. Thank you Lori. It takes work, but can be very rewarding. I have an accounting background, so that helps a lot.

      Delete
  2. You always amaze me at how you manage to get so much for so little.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I go into DT, I come out with something I did not go in to get! I wish Kraft cheese would be that price around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one Linda. It's only thanks to Ibotta that cheese is so inexpensive. The lowest cheese price around here is $1.99 (on sale)

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...