Sunday, June 3, 2018

May numbers

I can't believe it's the middle of the year again. Where did the first 5 months go? I really need to up my game, since we are getting closer to holiday season and I still need more gcs to complete my shopping. 

Here are my numbers for May. As mentioned before, Encraves have been non-existent (I'm finally getting 2 autorun ones), so I haven't earned as much gcs as the past few months.

Gift cards earned

Mypoints $50
Swagbucks : $50 
IGC : $60 ($50 mine, $10 DH account)
Ibotta : $20 Gap gc (I only did this because of the $2 bonus offer)
Savingstar : $0 - not enough funds to cash out yet
Checkout51 - I requested a $20.75 check that will be added to $15K fundTotal gcs earned in January : $180 (excluding CK51) 

So onto the gc balances:

Kohls 
Previous balance $96.57
Added : $50 (Mypoints)
Spent : $0
New balance : $146.57

Target 
Previous balance $20
Added : $90 (Swagbucks, IGC) 
Spent : $40 (used it to pay for our pool earlier this week + a small gc that was still available on my account)
New balance : $70

Walmart 
Previous balance : $150
Added : $0
Spent : $83.56 (Red Robin gcs. I had a $2 balance a previous order online)
Total : $66.44

Gap 
Previous balance : $20.27
Added : $20 (Ibotta)
Spent : $0
Total : $40.27

TJM
Prev balance : $50
Withdrawn to $15K fund (50.00)
Total : $0

Macy's 

Previous balance : $100
Earned $0
Spent : 40.69 (Christmas gifts for nephews)
New balance : $59.31

DSW 

Redeemed for $25 gc
WHBM - $50.00

BBW - $15.00

Starbucks : $15 
Added : $20 (was gonna use as teachers gifts)
Total : $35
I've replaced the teachers gifts with Red Robin ones. I've learned that they're not really Starbucks fans. No biggie. I've added the gcs to my Starbucks account, because it can be used to purchase Starbucks merchandise too. 

Total Gift Cards : $507.59

Total earned from online sales (after fees) : $327.39
Plus previous balance $357.97
Less expenses (219.79) 
New Balance : $465.57

So we have a total of $973.16 in cash and gcs for holiday shopping and whatever clothing items we need for the rest of the year. I've made a nice dent in holiday shopping already and have enough CC points for a gc, but I'll hold onto it to redeem a bigger gc.

I've also earned a $5 DSW reward and $10 Kohls Y2Y, but that will be used for my $15K fund



$15K savings goal

Starting balance : $476.40
Plus 52 wk plan : $285.69
Plus sales : $82.12 
Less purchases : $0
New Balance : $844.21

$1 Savings
Previous balance : $49
Added : $27
Total : $76

$5 Savings 
Previous balance : $155
Added : $0
Total : $155

My $15K goal is still slow going. I'm hoping that sales will pick up soon, although summer time is usually slow. I'm happy to be adding to that account, but I'd like it to grow faster. Time to buckle down and keep my nose to the grindstone.

I'm happy with our holiday shopping fund. Since we already have enough Kohls gcs for the remaining gifts I need to purchase, I will save the rest of my gcs for Black Friday shopping. 

I was sorely tempted to shop the BBW semi annual sale today. I always shop this sale and stock up for 6 months. I figured I'll just use that $15 gc. Then I thought that I really don't need any more BBW and don't want to spend an extra $26 OOP (I filled my cart, so I know this was the amount still due). I decided to just stick to my old cheapo St Ives lotion when I run out of BBW. Besides, the St Ives is more than twice the size of a BBW lotion and much cheaper too.

I'm still far behind on Walmart gcs, but have almost enough in my Ibotta account to redeem another $50 gc. I'm hoping June will be a much better earning and saving month for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...