Friday, June 22, 2018

This week's grocery shopping, Ibotta stack and freebies



I didn't go to any drugstores this week, cause the deals weren't good enough to make a special trip. I need to hit RA on Sunday, before my BC expires.

Ibotta currently has another bonus stack deal. I needed 4 items for my first bonus ($2) and 6 items for my 2nd bonus ($3). The first bonus's items all count towards the 2nd bonus, so this is what I got at Kroger:

Gold Peak Tea $2.00
Ocean Spray Juice 2.99
Dave's Killer Bread 5.79 (Yikes!!!! I have to get this at Sams, cause it costs way less there)
Mission Tortillas 2.29
Knorr Meal Starter 2.99
Enlightened Ice Cream 4.99
18 ct Eggs 1.18
Gallon Milk 1.19
Fage Split yogurt 1.29
Fage Crossover 1.29
Less Ocean Spray DQ (2.99)
Less Knorr DQ (2.99)
Less Enlightened DQ (3.00)
OOP 17.02

Received $6.85 Ibotta ($2 was my first bonus)
I like to save my Kroger Friday Freebie Qs, since I rarely shop at Kroger. I just redeem them once a month or whenever I'm near a store. The Ice cream was 50c after Digital Q and Ibotta.



Then to Meijer for some more Jennie O. I figured I'd just do another 10/$10 deal, before the sale ends

3 x Dove Deodorant 14.97
Sargento Shredded cheese 2.99
2 x Cracker Barrel Cracker cut cheese 7.98
2 lbs Strawberries 1.97
2 x Jennie O turkey rolls 5.26
1 x Jennie O ground turkey 3.75
Aunt Millie's buns 2.50

10/10

3 x Avocados
6 x Oikos yogurt
2 x Old Orchard Juice (one was a free item)

Less free Sargento cheese q (2.99)

Tax 0.90
OOP $47.33

Received $3 CAT (Dove) and $5.55 Ibotta ($3 bonus and $2.55 Jennie O) and $3.75 Checkout51 (Dove)

I was almost out of Dove deodorant. I saw that Meijer had a buy 3 get $3 OYNO on Dove. I didn't need 3 deodorants, but between the CAT and the CK51 deal I knew I'd be better off buying 3 deodorants

Meijer sends a q booklet once a month which always includes a free item. Last month I got a gallon vinegar. This month it's Sargento cheese. I also had a 30c Old Orchard q, but in typical Meijer fashion they applied q to the free item (eyeroll)

Boy oh boy was I excited to see the new Oikos flavors. I've been craving chocolate cake all week. I wanted to bake a cake, but we didn't have any frosting. Thank goodness, because now I can satisfy my chocolate cravings, guilt free :)

The Jennie O turkey rolls will be used to make sausage rolls for dinner next week. I didn't know that it was included in the Jennie O Ibotta offer, so it was a pleasant surprise to get extra cash back. The next time I buy cracker cheese, I will get it at Walmart. Meijer charges a whole $1 more than Walmart does! grrrr

Total OOP for everything : $64.35
Less Ibotta earnings (12.40)
Less CK51 earnings (3.75)
Less Dove CAT (3.00)
Total after rewards : $45.20

These items are all part of next week's grocery spending. If there's a good sale on certain things, I usually just shop early.

For now, I can only think of bananas, onions, puff pastry and a case of Coke that we need. Of course there will be the next Ibotta bonus stack, but I will get the cheapest available items. We also still have one rotisserie chicken left. I will dice and pick it apart today and freeze for future meals.

Remember my Bath & Body works shopping I did last weekend? I received my order earlier this week and it was missing one body wash. I emailed them about it and they decided to issue me a credit, without asking if I wanted a different item (which I would've preferred) since this fragrance was OOS. The good news is that they credited my full shipping cost and way too much tax too.

The item was $3.75 after all applicable discounts (normally costs $13. yikes!)

They credited $3.75
Shipping  5.99
Sales tax 0.58
Total $10.32

Since I paid with a gc and CC, the credit will be split. Now I have to wait until it appears on CC, to see how much of a gc I'll receive.

I should know by now that when I have problems with any order, that I always end up in a better position than I was before (remember my free Macy's shoes?). So yay for me! This credit is way better than receiving a replacement item. I'll just save the gc for the next Semi-annual sale.

I also have to say that I'm very pleased with my super cheap Kohls t-shirts. I'm gonna wait until the end of the season, to see if I can score more. The quality is really good.

2 comments:

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...