Monday, September 18, 2023

Menu Plan Monday

Feels like I just posted a menu plan. The days are flying by again. Not cooking all my meals last Sunday really threw me off. I couldn't find puff pastry sheets at Meijer, so I bought the shells. I knew this was a mistake, but bought it anyway. Yeah, I only got 3 individual chicken pies/rolls out of those. So I stopped at  Kroger the next day, found puff pastry and made my chicken rolls. This was Wednesday. Cooking every single day isn't in the cards for me, unless I'm making slow cooker meals. I got my act together this week and made some things to eat.

Monday : Pesto chicken casserole, pan fried potatoes with onions & peppers, veggies

Tuesday : Slow cooker beef, onion & peppers in gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Carry out for DS, Mexican for me

Breakfasts : Carrot ginger muffins, omelets, breakfast sausage, bacon, toast, cereal, lemon blueberry pancakes, bagels with cream cheese. PYO (pick your own) breakfast

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available. 

I'm really in the mood for comfort food. I almost bought a roast today, but decided against it. 

DS once again didn't want to bake and the muffins aren't as light & fluffy. They taste great though. 

I haven't made tomorrows main dish yet. I'll just throw everything into the slow cooker tomorrow morning, bake more chicken breasts - I marinated the chicken earlier so it needs to sit overnight (I do all this before DS leaves for school) and make mashed potatoes in the evening. Other veggies are already cooked. 

I've been making myself nachos or burritos with the taco meat and homemade beans and pico for Friday dinner. I just pull the taco meat from the freezer, thaw and assemble my meal to heat & eat. Easy peasy.

I bought a pumpkin pie at Sams last week. I do this every year, because I've got to 'taste test' the pie (that's my story & I'm sticking to it 😂). Well, the pie didn't taste as good as it normally does. There's definitely not enough spices in the pie and I hate just eating plain pumpkin (I'm not even a pumpkin spice fan. I don't mind it, but it's not a big deal to me. I need my pumpkin pie though). I can't quite determine what is missing (it's not just one spice), but it wasn't that good. I cut that big pie into 12 small slices and froze half of it. That keeps me from eating the whole pie & gaining weight.

I need to write some more shopping posts (I'm behind). I'll try to get those done this week. I had a good money day on Friday. Don't you just love it when the mail brings cash or rewards. I don't even know what to buy myself, because I don't need anything. I guess this is a good problem to have 😂 More on that in another post. 

Have a wonderful week peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Please tell more about this: 'Other veggies are already cooked. ' I don't generally cook veggies ahead, but I'd love to have that chore done before evening. Do you partially cook them then reheat? Any specific veg that work well pre-cooked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely cook most veggies and then reheat at dinnertime. You can do the same with roasted veggies. I do cook a little differently from Americans (still cook the old fashioned way I was raised in South Africa). The only veg I won't cook ahead, is potatoes. I cook things like carrots, peas, squash (acorn, butternut), brussel sprouts (grilled), green beans etc. I cook/use whatever's in season. If you don't want to cook your veggies, just add it to a baking sheet, season & top with olive oil, then roast in the oven. Place in container & refrigerate. Then heat whenever you're ready to eat. I might have to write a post on how I cook. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  2. Your meals sound delicious. I love pesto chicken. I can't wait to make a pumpkin pie soon. It is one of my favorites. Not needing anything is a good problem to have especially now with the quality and prices on everything. I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I absolutely love pesto! I'll eat it all week long. I wish that I could make my own pumpkin pie. I might have to give it another try, because I prefer homemade food. Funny you should say that last part, because that's exactly my thinking (great minds think alike). I just stocked up on things for DS for that exact reason. I'm working on that post (At least I'm trying...lol). Hope you have a great day my friend!

      Delete
  3. It seems as if Menu Mondays are coming so much quicker lately.

    Your menu sounds delicious as usual.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too fast for my liking Jackie. Here it is almost menu plan day again. I can't keep up.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...