Friday, September 8, 2023

This week's odds & ends

Hi everyone!

It's been a crazy, rough week with back to school & appointments and things going wrong. The holiday threw me off too. I spent most of Labor day cooking, then washed my car. The drugstores were a pain too. I might need a break from them, but I have oodles of rewards to use. Sorry, no pics. I've had a sinus headache for most of the day. I just want to go sleep so I can feel better, but I can't take an allergy pill (Wal-act) until bedtime, because it contains sleep aid. 

  • Received a $5 reward from Chicos. I don't even know why I receive so many rewards, cause it's not like I've shopped that much (with my own money) this year. Next month it's semi-annual rewards, then birthday rewards. I don't even need anything. 

  • Bought sale peaches & strawberries. Still had some kiwi too, so I washed, sliced & froze everything for smoothies. I haven't seen really good peach/nectarines sales this summer. Meijer usually have it for 69c/lb for weeks on end, but not this year. 

  • Stocked up on some canned goods and cereal at Walmart & holy sticker shock moley. I can't keep up with grocery prices anymore. You know things are bad when Meijer has lower (regular) prices than Walmart on some things. 

  • Did my annual Dunkin Donuts coffee stock up at Costco. They have it on sale once a year, so I always buy 2 containers (45 oz) for $15.89 (got 3 this time). This is enough to last me a year, cause I mix it with some decaf that I buy at Sams (Costco doesn't sell decaf, just regular). Meijer has the 30 oz DD on sale for $16.99 next week (reg $18.99). Walmart's regular price is even higher. This is why I stock up at Costco. I get 1/3rd more for the same price as Meijer's sale price. Crazy. I don't shop at Costco much, but the membership is worth every penny (their fee is much higher than Sams too). They didn't have my regular guava juice, but guava/passion fruit/orange mix. Yummy!! I love passion fruit (granadilla as we call it), but it's so hard to find here. 

  • I'm so annoyed at my realtor. I gave them all the specs for what I'd like (sq ft, exact location, etc) when we started this journey. I keep getting notifications of houses that are older or too small or not in the areas I want. One is for a neighboring city that's not the nicest area. I never even told them that I want anything in that area. I've told them about it numerous times, but I still get notifications. I hate having my time wasted like this. We currently live in a very nice area (best part of our city) in a nice size house. Why would I want to live in a smaller, older house, just because it costs less? I have very high standards. When I do a job, I deliver in the best possible way, so I normally expect others to work the same way as I do. I can understand if someone makes a mistake once or twice, but please don't keep making the same mistake over & over. It drives me nuts!

  • I'm so far behind this year. Someone mentioned purchasing Christmas gifts & I'm over here having a panic attack 😂 I normally have 70-90% of my Christmas shopping done by this time. This year is different, because I don't even know who's supposed to be on my list other than DS & BF. I already know what DS wants, so that's easy. I have no clue of what to get BF. I have some ideas for other things/surprises, but not Christmas gifts. I'm gonna need some help from his family or he can just tell me what he wants. I'm easy. All I want for Christmas is to be in my new home with my guys. If BF just wrapped his arms around me and told me how much he loved me, my Christmas would be complete. I really don't need any more stuff. I just want to be happy. I would like a stocking though. I've never had a stocking and want to experience what it's like.

    There's so much I need to get done. It's all 3 of our birthdays. BF & my birthdays are less than 2 weeks apart. How cool is that? We could just have one big celebration for both of us (the frugalistas will like this 😊) or we can just celebrate every day from my birthday until his 😂🥳 Plus it's our favorite holidays too, so how do I plan for all this? I mean, the planning & shopping is no biggie. That's my area of expertise. I just need his input on things, so I know what to do. 

  • Drugstore report. CVS was fun and worked better than expected. RA was a cluster. I was in shock, because RA normally works great. Wags was fine, but something did go wrong. I stopped at 2 stores today to check their 90% off summer clearance. The first store had a whole aisle of empty shelves. Somebody cleaned out the clearance section. Like seriously?!  I only found 3 baby things. The 2nd store had already begun to replace the clearance section with Christmas goodies. I was in such shock, I forgot to purchase the Wayfair gcs I wanted - at both stores. Ugh! I'll have to write another post about the drugstore deals. It wasn't pretty.

  • I found another great sale (sorry can't mention store in case they read my blog) and wanted to order some items as a gift. I'm just unsure of how they would feel about receiving a gift from me. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers though. I'm a giver. If there's an occasion or I see a need, I just go ahead and try to bless others. Heck, I don't even need an event or excuse. Sometimes I just give, because I want to make someone's day.  My family understand this & they love it, but not everyone's as receptive. So I don't know what to do. My thing is 'when in doubt, don't do anything'. I'm torn though.
I think I need to make a to-do list (I usually just file everything in my head) and then tackle those tasks. I hate being this unorganised. I like to have all my ducks in a row & get holiday shopping done early, so I can enjoy a stress free holiday. Besides, I like to find the best deals too. 


I will respond to comments & catch up on reading everyone's blogs soon. I think I'm going to sleep for an hour or two. I hope I'm not getting sick, cause back to school usually brings school germs. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

5 comments:

  1. "I found another great sale (sorry can't mention store in case they read my blog) and wanted to order some items as a gift. I'm just unsure of how they would feel about receiving a gift from me....."
    I say just do you. If you want to bless someone, do it! Don't feel like you need permission. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy! I'd really love to, but I like to keep the peace. I'd rather keep the peace than have anyone upset with me or think I'm being pushy. Those items are super cute though :)

      Delete
  2. When we moved here to Illinois, our first relator seemed clueless. First he showed us houses that were double the size we told him we were looking for, then he switched to tiny houses that would have never worked. I told him we were taking a few months break, which we did, then I found another relator. I hope you find something soon. I'm sure that has a lot to do with your feeling unorganized and unsettled. I saw if you want to buy someone a gift, do it!! How could that hurt someone's feelings? Have a great weekend. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the nail on the head my friend. Being in limbo with the house/move is why I'm unorganized. I haven't even done any work for over a year. I need to move so I can get my act together. This is also why I constantly get sick. It's the constant stress that's messing up my body. Looks like we have school germs, cause I feel worse today and DS has a runny nose.

    The gift. It's complicated. I think I'm just gonna go ahead, cause it's better to ask forgiveness than permission...lol. At least it always worked when I tried that with my mother...lol. Wishing you & the big guy a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that when you have very specific housing tastes you inevitably end up doing most of the research yourself.

    I found the small house we bought last year because I just didn't trust our realtor (nice as he was, and good as he was at handling the purchase/closing) to search exhaustively online. It took countless hours over a year to find it. Yes, I drove myself crazy but my doggedness prevailed.

    And NOW, we are dealing with an architect to do some modifications and a small expansion. And damned if I'm not in the same situation. I gave her a 4-page spec sheet, with 3 bedrooms (king, queen, & 2 XL twin beds), nonegotiable. And what the hell did she give me? Three designs, all with 2 bedrooms! I was (and still am) furious. She said, "Oh, I thought..." NO. Just NO. You do your "thinking" after MY requirements are met!!!

    All of this to say; I sympathize greatly with what you're going through. It's very hard to trust that someone else can meets our needs. Especially when they keep blowing it!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...