Friday, July 28, 2023

Tide & Dawn wasted


Boy, was Wags a cluster today. They sure were ill prepared for the $10 pickup deal, because there was lots of confusion with customers (thanks to my couponing group, I had most of the info) and they had technical difficulties earlier today too. 

Here's what I did today:

Online order pickup

Trans 1 (me)

2 x Clairol hair color $15.98

2 x Crest t/p 8.00

1 x Bic mens disp razors 5.29

1 x Dawn 2.99

Less Clairol DQ (5.00)

Less Crest DQ (2.00)

Less Bic DQ (4.00)

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.94

OOP $3.20

Earn $17.12 WC ($10 Pickup, $4 Crest, 25% rest) 

Way less than expected and Wags no longer gives you a breakdown. There's been lots of frustration with the online orders not crediting everything. I didn't get the $10 credit on my other account. I tried Live Chat, but was #99. I'll try again later. Well, my rewards aren't too bad for things that I needed anyway. It's not like I spent a whole lot of cash OOP for it. 


Trans 2  (online DS)

4 x Tide $21.96

2 x Crest t/p 8.00

Less Tide DQs (5.00) 

Less Crest DQ (2.00)

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.80

OOP $4.76

Earn $6.34 

This was my WTH moment! 😠 I know that I can't do anything about online orders in store. So I'm waiting to get through to CS later. Give me my $10!!!


The rest were done in store. Online deal was 1 per account.


Trans 3

4 x Tide $21.96

Less Tide DQ (1.00)

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.32

OOP $2.28

Earn $5 RR and 0.26 points. 

Another WTH? Where's the 25% I'm supposed to earn. Well, after I got home, I finally learned that you don't earn 25% if you pay with points, but you do earn it if you pay with RRs. Ugh! Wish they'd posted this before I went shopping, because I have RRs I could've used.


Trans 4

4 x Dawn $23.56

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.41

OOP $4.97

Earned $10 RR ($5 WYB 4, $5 WYS $20 select PG)

I learned of this deal before going shopping. These are the big 38 oz bottles. After rewards, it is cheaper than buying the 90 oz bottles at Sams (0.09c/oz vs 12c/oz at Sams). Even less when you're paying with rewards😀 I wish that Linda was closer to share some with, because I know she prefers the Original Dawn too. 


Trans 5 - different store

4 x Dawn $23.56

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.41

OOP $4.97

No RRs printed. The story is too long to go into detail. After wasting about 10 minutes in store going back & forth, the manager finally added $10 points to my account. Let's just say I needed a drink after that fiasco. I wish that Wags would train their employees better. They all just pull things out of their @#$##@ when things go wrong. So frustrating. 


So lets recap what I bought & spent this week:

4 x Garnier shampoo/conditioner

2 x Revlon mascara

2 x Revlon lipstick

8 x Tide detergent

8 x 38 oz Dawn

1 x 12 oz Dawn

2 x Clairol hair color

4 x Crest t/p

1 x Bic disp razors


Total items : 32

Total Qs used : $37.00

Total rewards used : $100.00

Total OOP : $68.92

Total earned : $128.58 ($42 RR, $74.58 WC, $12 Ibotta)

So $168.92 (rewards + OOP spent) - $128.58 earned. That's like paying $40.34 for 32 items

Total retail value : $230.28


I still need to contact CS, so I'll hopefully get another $10 points. I need to scan all my receipts to Fetch and submit to PG (I earned enough points today for a $5 gc). I should tell BF to sign up for online accounts for his coffee cards. That way I can just add the PG coffee gcs to his account once I've maxed my card (I mainly use my card to get free donuts for DS. I already drink DD at home, so no need for coffee out). It's free money anyway, so he can pick up free coffee and donuts on his way to work. 

Some of you are probably wondering why I'm stockpiling when I have to move. The prices of everything just keep increasing. Gas is $3.73 today - up almost 40c/gal from last week (I'm glad I had to fill up last week). It's so hard to keep up with it all these days. By shopping great sales, I'm saving ourselves some money. All of the items are things we use. I have enough Dawn to last at least 2 years, so I don't have to buy dish soap again for a very long time. Whenever I get items we don't need, I sell them so I can recoup some of our cash. I love this shopping game.  I'm moving lock, stock & barrel. I'm just going to take everything (except Crest and a hair color) and pack it into a storage container later. That way it's ready for a move. Easy peasy. 

I'm pooped, but I have a bunch of RRs to use and Wags gave me $6 & $7 WYS $22 boosters on both accounts. I can at least use RRs to cover my OOP and earn the extra cash next week. 

CVS sent me a $4 Q that expires on Sunday. I might or might not use it. Depends on my mood. I need to make a RA list for next week too, so I can roll that Kohls BC I earned. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

8 comments:

  1. You are one smart cookie to stock up now especially if prices continue to rise as they have been. 2 years worth of Dawn is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I'm happy to have so much Dawn, cause it's a little pricier than other dish soap. My food pantry's empty though.

      Delete
  2. The problems at Wags is why I quit on them. The workers had no idea what was going on with the ads or how things worked. I was having trouble standing, so I gave up. I would move things, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wags is the absolute worst Linda. Always have been! I've had many bad experiences in the 15+ years that I've couponed at Wags. Everyone complains about their poor service.

      Delete
  3. I've noticed it seems people get no training before starting work and it is frustrating to deal with. It has to be frustrating for them too. You are right when you say everything is going up again. Our gas is 3.86, our insurance is going up, food is still going up...I feel for people with large families. It is good that you save wherever you can. I hope you enjoy your weekend as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very frustrating Lori, especially since I like to get in & out in no time. I hate having to educate store employees. They didn't even know the company had technical problems yesterday, until I informed them of it. Wags should be paying me for my input...lol. I need to rethink stockpiling again. I've neglected my food pantry and it's almost empty. I saw that the price of my favorite cereal has increased again. Everything just keeps increasing at a record rate. When does this madness end?

      Delete
  4. I hope that you have managed to get through.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you Jackie. They refused to credit my account though...grrr

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...