I hope everyone had a good week. It's a bit busy at Casa Goose. I'm behind, behind, behind. My insomnia's back (too much on my mind), so I'm not getting nearly enough done due to fatigue. Just a few things that happened around here.
- I ordered DS a gift from Target, then a week later Meijer had the same item for $10 less. I contacted Target CS about a price adjustment. They told me that Meijer doesn't qualify for price adjustments, but since I've been a loyal Circle member for so long, they will honor Meijer's lower price. So they emailed me a $10.60 gc (I paid for the original gift with a gc). Happy dance! Target has always had excellent customer service. I'm surprised they don't price match with Meijer, because Meijer's one of their biggest competitors around here.
- I had a few overripe bananas, so I made a double batch of banana oatmeal muffins and froze half.
- I made a special trip to Aldi for strawberries & more samosas and they were out of samosas! Say it isn't so! I somehow knew that would happen (that's why I wanted to stock up), because Aldi usually has select items for a limited time only. I'm so very thankful for Trader Joe's, because I know that store won't disappoint me. I'll just buy samosas whenever I'm near TJs.
- I cleaned out my gc folder and found a $25 Walmart gc. I don't know how that happened, because I always make detailed notes on all my gcs (dates, amount used, balance). Do I sound like a geek?...lol. I always hold on to used gcs, in case there's some discrepancy or a return at a later stage. Then I check all balances before throwing any away. Good thing too, cause I would've thrown away $25.
- I had an appointment at Sams and decided to just do my shopping while I'm there, instead of waiting until next week. I used the $25 Walmart gc and redeemed another $10 one from Microsoft and that paid for part of my grocery haul. Sams didn't have any chicken breasts (noooooooo), so I picked up a package of tenders instead. We still have some chicken breasts in the freezer. DH's yogurt was $2 off (thru 3/3), so I bought 3 cases instead of the 2 I had planned.
- I also bought 2 cooked pizzas at the Sams cafe. I do this every other month. We'll eat some and freeze the rest. It only costs $19 total for 2 x 16" pizzas and it provides many meals. I just add a salad to it. We love the Deluxe, cause it's loaded with meat (pepperoni & italian sausage) & veggies.
- Meijer has pint blueberries on 2 day sale for 99c, so I bought 5 pints. I'm gonna make a triple batch of blueberry pancakes for the freezer. Who doesn't love to just heat and eat homemade freezer meals?
- I pulled some Italian sausage, diced onions & peppers from the freezer and threw it into the instant pot. I made some fried potatoes and we'll add leftover broccoli & baked beans to it for dinner. There's also brioche rolls/buns and ciabatta if DS wants extra carbs. No money spent on fast food.
- I totally splurged on myself this week. I had my eye on a few things and when the store had a flash sale, I decided to just grab those items before they sold out. Good thing too, because it did sell out. I splurged about $180 on myself this month. I pulled the exact same items from my closet. Once the new ones arrive (will have to see if it fits), I will list the old ones for more than double what I just spent on myself. Yep, you read that right. This is what I love about buying our stuff at deep discounts.
- I received my Rakuten check for a whopping $17.xx this week. Every $ counts though. Very rare for me to get so little in February, but my November check was sizeable due to early Christmas shopping.
- Eddie Bauer sent me another $10 Q (good thru April), so I'll wait for a free shipping day.
- I opened my last face wash last week (I still can't believe I used those 3 tubes so fast. Feels like I just bought it the other day) and made a mental note to keep an eye out for a good sale. This week Wags has a great sale on Dove and my face wash is B2G1F. So here's what I did