Saturday, January 23, 2021

Drugstore shopping Week 01/17/21

 I had $26 BC that I knew was expiring soon, so I made a shopping list for a quick trip to RA. This was supposed to be a Get in, get out, go home kinda trip, but alas, it turned into a cluster....


2 x Tide detergent $9.88

2 x Tide pods 9.88

2 x Secret deodorant 10.98

2 x Nivea men scrub 11.68 (10% silver discount)

2 x Nivea shave gel 8.98 (10% silver discount)

Less Tide DQ (2.00)

Less Tide pods DQ (2.00)

Less Secret DQ (5.99) I love how it deducted the full $5.99

Less BC (26.00)

Tax 3.08

OOP $18.49

Earned $34 BC + $6.10 Ibotta (Nivea)

The first time around the cashier scanned everything, I handed her 2 Tide paper Qs , which she scanned. Except, the register deducted the BC before Qs and then my $15 WYS $50 Q wouldn't apply.  I've noticed at different RA stores that the same thing happens. It seems like the new cashiers aren't getting proper training.

Manager comes over & explains to her what needs to be done. So she rerings everything and that's when my total came to $18.49. Now I do the math when I make my shopping list, so I knew that this was higher than it's supposed to be. When I got home and studied my receipt, I noticed that she never scanned my 2 paper Qs the 2nd time around. Grrrr. No way was I gonna make a special trip to the store for $4. My time is far more valuable than that. 



CVS - always my happy place


1 x Loreal age perfect moisturiser $19.49

2 x Loreal Revitalift moisturiser 19.99

Less Loreal AP DQ (6.00)

Less Loreal Revitalift DQ (6.00)

Less 5/30 Skincare DQ (5.00)

Less $10 Bonus card (10.00)

Less $3 EB (3.00)

Tax 1.17

OOP $10.65


Earned a new $10 Bonus Card and will get another $3 Beauty Bucks.

I knew that the total was gonna be high, but I'm happy with it. CVS must've read my blog (lol) because they finally sent me a Revitalift DQ and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. I always clip my DQs late in the week, so that I can double dip with 2 weeks' worth of Qs. I'm very happy with my $5.xx Revitalift, cause there's no way I'm paying $20 for it. 


Total drugstore OOP : $29.14

Rewards used : $39.00

Rewards earned : $47.00

Cash back earned : $6.10 (Ibotta)

Coupons used : $21.00

Retail value : $107.38


I haven't been to WAGS in a month, but nothing has been tickling my fancy there. 

2 comments:

  1. I attempted a Rite Aid shop, and did pretty well. They forgot to use one coupon as well, but overall I'm happy with the purchase. You have to pay such close attention to each part of the transaction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that your shopping trip worked out well HP.

      For the most part, shopping at RA is smooth sailing. Every once in a while, things tend to go south though.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...