Monday, March 8, 2021

Kroger & Ibotta double dip

Y'all Kroger & Ibotta's gonna make me broke...lol. I was considering doing the $10 WYB 20 items Ibotta bonus, when the $5 WYB 15 items popped up. Say no more. Double dip bonus combined with Kroger Mega Event. Yes, please!

I made my shopping list and headed to the store. I had extra items on the list, in case I couldn't find everything I need. First stop was for the MM Sunmaid bites. But wait, my Kroger no longer had shelf space for it. Nature's Valley bars now resides in that spot. What on earth? Then further down the aisle, they didn't have the Kind Energy bars either. Ugh, my shopping trip's not starting off well. I had to stop at 2 stores, cause i couldn't find everything i needed at the first. Not everything is pictured. This is the bulk of my Kroger shopping.



Store 1

5 x Incogmeato burgers $24.95 

4 x Daves killer bagels 17.96

1 x Kraft cheese 1.99

1 x Kelloggs cereal bars 1.49

1 x Snickers 1.29

1 x Cliff bar 1.00

1 x Crest Brilliance 6.99

1 x Schick razors 5.99

1 x Fage yogurt 1.29

1 x Kite hill yogurt 1.29

1 x Kotex pads 1.99

1 x Gallon milk 2.49

1 x Breakstone doubles 1.39

Tax 0.90

Less Crest DQ (3.00)

Less Schick Q (3.00)

Less Kotex Q (1.00)

Less KCB (3.29)

Less CAT (3.00)

OOP $57.72

Earned $24.15 Ibotta & $17.50 KCB


Store 2

3 x Klondike Cones $14.97

1 x Cheetos popcorn 2.99

1 x Core water 0.99

1 x Creamette pasta 1.25

3 x Sunmaid bites 2.97

OOP $23.17

Earned $7.85 Ibotta (including $5 Weekend bonus) + $2 CAT + $15.50 Fetch


Walmart

2 x Breakstone doubles 2.12

1 x Mountain dew zero 1.98 

OOP $4.10

Earned $14.68 Ibotta (includes $10 Bonus + $1.50 Breakstones bonus)


Total OOP : $84.99

Total earned : $81.68 (Ibotta, Fetch, CAT, KCB)

So my entire shopping trip basically cost $3.31 after all rewards


I only needed 2 more items to complete my $10 bonus, so I picked up those items while I was at Walmart. I purchased 2 Breakstone, because I only needed 2 to earn a $1.50 bonus on that brand. With the bonus, these 2 items were a MM, so why settle for 1?


I especially bought the Kotex at Kroger, cause there was an any feminine hygiene rebate. By the time I got home, the rebate had disappeared. Sigh. Scanned the Core water, only to discover that I needed 2 items for the rebate. Double sigh. This couponing/rebate shopping takes lots of concentration.

Scanned my receipts to Fetch. The ice cream is supposed to give back 14250 points (4750 each) = $14.25. However, it read my items as regular Klondike ice cream and only credited a few cents. I submitted a ticket, cause that's a lot of money. They corrected that fast.

Then my first store's Ibotta only credited for one Incogmeato, instead of 5 and 2 Dave's bagels, instead of 4. I don't know how it gets the totals wrong, because you have to scan all the items when submitting your receipt. That's $14.50. Another ticket submitted, which they corrected. The also credited me for 2 Schick razors, instead of one. Honest me told them about it when I submitted my ticket and they reversed the entire $6. WTH?! They were only supposed to deduct $3. Grrr. Contacted them again and they issued $3 credit.  Do you now see why I was hesitant to do the first Ibotta bonus? This stuff takes up a lot of time, not to mention aggravation sometime. 

Look at how expensive Kroger is. The Breakstone doubles is $1 at Meijer & $1.06 at Walmart. Kroger price is $1.39. That's 33c more than Walmart. It might seem like a small amount, but if you do the bulk of your regular shopping at Kroger, those small amounts add up to a big amount. This is why I cherry pick what I buy there. I price checked the Snickers bar at Walmart and it is 88c, compared to $1.29 I paid at Kroger! I didn't buy Snickers at Walmart, because I had enough items to complete my bonus deals.

I'm so happy to get my bagels again & boy did that ice cream come in handy after all the aggravation with missing credits...lol DH gets to try the Incogmeato & Kite Hill yogurt since he's currently eating vegan & DS is happy to get more Breakstones.

Redeemed $75 Ibotta gc & am $1 short of a $25 Fetch gc. I was gonna get more Sunmaid, but Kroger hasn't restocked their shelves with it. Once I have enough for my Fetch gc, I'll have $100 towards Sams shopping next month. That always makes me happy :)

I also still have $22.50 Kroger rewards to spend (Cash back & CATs)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what fantastic deals! Even with the few snafus' you still did so well. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those annoyances add up. Of course, so does the money saved. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at this. Wonderful deals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do so wonderfully with all your rebates and points.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 2 free packs of those Incogmeato burgers. We thought they were gross. I threw the second package away. We eat Bocaburgers but just didn't enjoy these. I'm interested to know what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobi those things were horrible!! I couldn't stand the smell of it and threw it all out. That smell was so nauseating, that I couldn't bring myself to eat it. Thank goodness it was free.

      I've eaten both Boca and Morningstar veggie burgers before and they were good, so I don't understand how Morningstar could produce something so bad. I saw lots of bad reviews about it on amazon too.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...