Thursday, May 12, 2022

Three Cheers for Wags!

 


You all know it's rare for things to go smoothly at Wags. I woke up feeling really rotten yesterday - sniffles, scratchy throat & fatigue. I just wanted to go crawl back into bed. I had $14 RRs expiring and thought to just let it expire. I took some Robitussen and started feeling better as the day progressed. Made my shopping list and headed to Wags. Here's what I got.

2 x Downy $4.50

2 x Tide Simply 4.50 (Tide/Downy are 4/$9 this week)

1 x Loreal age perfect 19.99

1 x Loreal Revitalift B1G50% off 2nd 8.99

2 x Colgate t/p 7.98

1 x Bic razor 6.29

Less Loreal DQ (8.00)

Less Colgate DQ (4.00)

Less Bic DQ (4.00)

Less RRs (14.00)

Less WC points (20.00)

Tax 3.14

OOP $5.39

Earned $10 WC ($6 WYS $22, $4 Colgate)

I keep forgetting to use that $1.60 Wags GC I received for a previous return. I should stick it in my wallet so I don't forget. I opened my last Loreal moisturiser about 2 weeks ago. I could've bought 2 age perfect, but it didn't have enough inventory when I added it to my cart online. The store had enough inventory when I was there (imagine that), but I wasn't going to mess with anything and NOT have the $8 DQ deduct. This is Wags after all...lol.  I was going to buy the Loreal online and do store pickup, because Rakuten has 15% cash back, but that was only an extra $1.xx savings in my pocket and it would mean I'd have to make another trip to Wags. They only have your items ready hours after you've placed order or sometimes things get cancelled. 

I didn't need any of the other items, but needed to use those RRs. I'll submit my receipt to Fetch & PG. 

Number of items purchased : 9

OOP : $5.39

Retail value : $81.81

Coupons used : $16.00

Rewards used : $34.00

Rewards earned : $10.00


I spent down a bunch of rewards, but that's what it's there for, right? It's so I don't have to spend a pile of my own money on my purchases. Is it just me or do those detergent bottles just keep shrinking in size? 31 oz!! WTH?!! And does anyone really pay $6.99 for it at the drugstores? What a rip off! I remember when the small detergent bottles were 50 oz. Then it decreased to 40 oz. What's next? They're gonna reduce it to those mini 9 oz (or is it 7 oz now?) Dawn bottle sizes? This is another reason why I'll keep playing the drugstore game. I'll use all their rewards to get what we need for a fraction of the cost. No way am I overpaying for convenience. 

I'm glad I opted to go shop. The weather's beautiful and I enjoyed getting outdoors after being sick & stuck in bed for so long. CVS sent me a $8/40 Q, but I didn't feel like working out a deal. I'll see if they send me another one next week. 

Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. You did well. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how things are shrinking. Pretty soon we will be buying those packages that come out of the machine at the laundry mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I now have visuals of those laundromat packages Kim. Thanks for the chuckle...lol. It's crazy that products keep shrinking, while prices keep increasing. I try to help us save in whatever ways I can.

      Delete
  3. Very well done Ms. Goose.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like smaller bottles but not the higher price. Smaller bottles are easier for me to handle, but I will struggle so I can buy it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand Linda. I don't mind smaller bottles. I just don't like the high prices for it.
      Weird that Blogger marked your comment as Spam, yet spammers are able to post comments. Makes no sense at all.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...