Friday, June 29, 2018

Freezer cooking and shopping

This has been another crazy busy week. My desktop computer needed to be upgraded (it still works great, but since it still used XP, I cannot get updates on anything), I needed to get a new one. Then Sunday morning DS's desktop stopped working too. It never rains, it pours. Thankfully we still had an old cpu that DS is able to use and off to the computer store for a new desktop for myself. My old computer has worked well for about 8-10 years, so I'm sad to see it go.




On Monday I did a bunch of cooking. I made 4 quiche, a dozen sausage rolls and a dozen omelet muffins. I rarely use the oven during summer, because I don't like heating the house even more when it's already hot outside. So whenever I use the oven, I make a bunch of food. I also made chicken alfredo in the slow cooker.

2 Spinach, artichoke, sundried tomato quiche this bacon flavored cheese (this was my first attempt and it was absolutely delicious. Both quiche are already gone. So much for freezer cooking...lol)

2 Ham and spinach quiche (frozen for future meals)

This was also my first time making omelet muffins. While I enjoyed the fact that it's so easy to make, I didn't enjoy it as much as I do a regular omelet. With a regular omelet, I get a taste of all the veggies in one single bite. Not so much with the muffins. I used mushrooms, spinach, onions, peppers, ham and cheese. We now have enough food in the freezer for me to not have to cook at all next week. There's still cooked fajita chicken that we can use for a mexican meal next week too. I can just make fresh pico de gallo and guacamole. I only need to buy cilantro.



I made a RA run to use my BC before they expired. The deals weren't good this week (it never is when I have any rewards that are close to expiring).

1 x Nivea Lip Balm $2.96
2 x Oxi clean $7.98
1 x Tide 4.94
4 x Stayfree (B1 get 50% off 2nd) $21.87
2 x Covergirl mascara (B1 get 50% off 2nd) 13.48
Pack of smokes 8.84
Less 10/50 mailer ($10.00)
Less Nivea mailer q (2.00)
Less 2 Oxi clean qs (4.00)
Less 2 Covergirl qs (6.00)
Less Stayfree peelie (1.00)
Tax 3.00 (ouch)
Total $42.06

Paid with $36 BC and $6.06 gc. So zero OOP for me. What the heck. I just saw that my Nivea q didn't deduct. ugh, grrrr!

Earned $4 Stayfree BC. I thought I had a $2 L2C Tide q. I haven't even had a chance to check my account.



I also stopped at Ollies to buy some groceries during their 15% off sale this week. I usually pay $3.99 for a smaller sized roasted peppers jar at Meijer. The Heinz gravy (my preferred brand) was 99c before discount. I don't know why I only bought 2 jars. I should have stocked up. If it's not too hot tomorrow, I might go get some more. DH loves that I find new foods at Ollies for him to try. I'm excited to try the Jalapeno spread. We love hot food. I also bought 2 new hardcover books. $3.39 each after discount

I also completed my Ibotta bonus stack this week. I really don't have the energy to haul out all the receipts for whatever I bought. I might do it next week, but I earned $11 or $12 in bonuses.

Bought 2 x Brownberry Flax bread at Dollar Tree. While I love the Dave's Killer bread, I can't resist buying $1 bread at DT. Both went into the freezer. Saved me from spending $5+ on Dave's bread this week.

DH and I also bought each other 50c Hallmark anniversary cards at DT this week. I'm loving that he doesn't buy the expensive greeting cards anymore. For years I've told him not to buy me cards anymore, because it's such a waste of money. Now we get to trade cards for very little OOP and the cards are lovely.

Ordered  2 x 40ct Lance cracker packs at Sams for $11.26. Got free shipping and paid with a Walmart gc. My guys love the PB ones, so they're all set until the end of the year when it expires. This is so easy to grab when we run lots of errands or take road trips. Saves us from paying $1+ per package at a convenience store.

Redeemed $30 Target gcs this week. $25 Swagbucks $5 Bing

So that was my week. It's so hot, all I want to do is go hang by the pool with a cocktail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...