Thursday, June 7, 2018

This week's shopping


This week I voted with my money & shopped at Walmart instead of Meijer (where I usually grocery shop). I saw a huge difference in the prices. I paid $3.97 for an 18 oz bag of Romaine salad. An 8 oz bag costs just a little less at Meijer. That's an almost 50% savings. I'm not gonna bore you with the rest of the details though.

So much for not posting about Walgreens. I kinda have their Balance rewards figured out (or so I thought). I had 2 x 7000 bonus points  WYS $20 offers and a 5000 BR bonus for $20 on beauty, so I did 2 transactions. This week its spend $30 on Select PG items, get $10 BR. There's also a $5 CAT WYS $20 on select PG household items.

Trans 1
12 pk Charmin essentials t/p $4.99
3 pk Bounty p/t 4.99
2 x Tide 9.98
1 x Tide pods 4.99
80ct Bounce sheets 4.99
1 x Downy 4.99
Less 2 x Tide qs (4.00)
Less Bounce q (1.00)
Less Downy eq (2.00)
Less Pods eq (2.00)
Less Bounty eq (1.00)
Tax 2.10
OOP $27.03

Earned $5 CAT and 17340 BR (Balance rewards points) equivalent of $17.34

Trans 2
4 x Herbal Essences $24.00
2 x Head & Shoulders 12.00
Less HE q (4.00)
Less HE eq (4.00)
Tax 2.16
OOP $30.16

Earned 17200 points ($17.20)

I had a starting balance of 22520 ($20 reward)before going shopping. At the end of transaction 2, I had a new balance of 57060. However, my account says that I have $60 available to use. This is where WAGS gets tricky. I noticed that you earn bonuses when you reach certain levels. Eg, if I get to 58000, I'll have a $70 reward. No problemo, I'll just do another PG deal tomorrow or Saturday, once the HE Ibotta resets.

The only downside to their BR program is that if you use points on a points offer that requires you to buy a certain $ amount, you won't earn any new points. Now I have to wait until there's a product quantity offer (eg buy 2 herbal essences...) to use my points. It would've been nice if you could just use points on everything.

What on earth? I know that I clipped the H&S eq as well. Unfortunately the cashier couldn't help me, so I just paid and figured I'd contact CS. When I got home, it says not all my qs are available, so I couldn't check what went wrong. Well today it shows the H&S q as unclipped. Ugh! So I might just go return the H&S and buy 2 HE and use my $4/2 paper q. I also bought the wrong Charmin, so my $1 eq didn't deduct. WAGS is still trial and error for me, so I figured I did okay.

So to recap.

Total OOP for all the above $57.19
Total earned : $40 + $5 CAT
Also earned $2 HE through Ibotta
Total cost after all rewards : $10.19 (4.26 of which is sales tax)

I apologise for the lack of pics, but I hit several different stores in one day and was too pooped to take pics.




Then I stopped at Dollar Tree for bread. They were out BUT I'm always happy to find my favorite authors' books there, especially ones I haven't read yet. Notice that $28 list price. I'm not crazy enough to pay that price. I read a book in under a week, so that would be $28 down the drain


If you love chicken, I would highly recommend this product. I read many good reviews about it, so when DH was near a Trader Joe's yesterday, I asked him to buy 2 boxes. All I can say is YUM! These patties are delicious! So tomorrow night I'll make some burgers with onions, lettuce, tomatoes and avo and some tater salad.

That's my shopping for the week. I need to figure out a RA scenario. They sent me a Q booklet that includes a 10/$50 and I should still have $13 BC to use. I'm gonna have to get real creative next week.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. After reviewing my receipts and rewards, I realised that my OOP should only have been tax only. I messed up royally.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...