Friday, September 14, 2018

This week's drugstore fun

My plan was to hit all 3 drugstores this week, since there were some good deals to be had by all. However, I've read many reports that RA wasn't accepting the $3 Rimmel q, so I wasn't gonna waste my time going through all that.

CVS was, hands down, the best store to shop this week. But with no RP coupons and only 1 SS insert, I missed out on many deals. Something is either wrong with our Metro paper or it's just Meijer. I know that there were supposed to be 2 SS inserts last week. However I only found one insert in the local paper. The Metro paper hasn't had any inserts in weeks. This is the paper that Dollar Tree carries and one weekend they had a sign that said "No coupons" on the newspaper stand at DT. I sure hope this issue gets resolved soon, cause there's so many deals to be had, if you have all the right coupons.

On to the deals.



CVS - I started out with $10 EBs that I earned from the detergent deal

Trans 1

2 x Colgate mouthwash $7.98
2 x Colgate t/brush $7.98
1 x Scope mouthwash $3.99
1 x One a day gummies $4.00
1 x Colgate t/paste $3.50

Less

2 x Colgate qs (2.00)
2 x Colgate t/b qs (2.00)
1 x One a Day q (4.00)
Colgate CRT (2.50)
Colgate DQ (0.50)
Less Scope DQ (1.00)
$3/10 Mouthwash q (3.00)
EBs (10.00)

Sales Tax : 0.97
OOP : $3.42
Received $11 EBs ($4 Colgate t/b, $4 Colgate mouthwash, $3 Scope)

I had man Qs for Colgate optic white, but my store was out of these.




Trans 2

2 x Speedstick $6.00
3 x Softsoap b/w $10.47
Less Speedstick app q (2.02) this was supposed to be $3. I don't know why CVS always adjusts the price down on their store qs. It's not as if there was any overage Ugh
Less $2/8 bw DQ (2.00)
Less EBs from Trans 1 (11.00)

Sales Tax : 0.87
OOP : $2.32

Earned : $7 EBs ($5 Softsoap, $2 Speedstick)
Trans 2 counts towards Beauty Reward. Spend $30 get $3 EB

The $2/8 bw q was a suprise. The q stated that it's for Dove products, but register automatically deducted it.

The cashier stood with her mouth hanging open when she saw the register total go down from $19 to $2.32....lol. Felt like the good old days when we used to shop til we drop at CVS

Total OOP for 12 items = $5.74



Walgreens (WAGS)

I had 3 x $5 CATS from a deal I did 2 weeks ago. I noticed that they're expiring this coming Sunday, so I figured I'd better use them and spend down some points while I'm at it (I still had $60 worth)


Trans 1

2 x Colgate t/p $7.98
1 x Candy bar 0.59

Less Colgate q (1.00)
Less Colgate dq (0.50)
Less CAT (5.00)
Less $2 BR (Balance Rewards points) (2.00)

Sales Tax : 0.48
OOP : $0.55
Received $4 CAT for buying 2 Colgate

I had to add the candy filler item, because your number of qs must match the number of items purchased (insert eyeroll here)

Trans 2

2 x Colgate $7.98
1 x Candy bar 0.59

Less Colgate q (1.00) Last q I had left
Less CAT (5.00)
Less BR (3.00)

Sales Tax : 0.48
OOP : $0.05
Received $4 CAT for buying 2 Colgate

Total OOP for 6 items = $0.60

Whoo hoo, I didn't know that the BR covers sales tax too. I added the candy, so that I could use at least $2 worth of points (before sales tax). By adding the candy bar, it worked out even better because my OOP is lower.

I also received a CAT for earn $10 WYS $25 and $7 for $25 Beauty. So I've worked out a deal to use $9 CATs and qs to earn this reward next week. I can't use BR on this transaction. because I won't earn the bonus points if I do. So let's hope it works.

July & August numbers to follow


2 comments:

  1. An excellent haul - you'll have to show us a picture of where you keep your stockpile and how you organise it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will do that soon. I'm in the process or reorganizing my stockpile, so I can make a list of items needed during winter grocery sales.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...