Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Wags & CVS Shopping

I haven't done much drugstore shopping over the past few weeks (except for free Crest at RA 2 weeks ago), so today I headed to WAGS to use some rewards. I have no clue when the rewards are expiring, so I figured I might as well use them before they do.



There were quite a few DQ (digital coupons), so I headed to the store with my list

1 x All Detergent $2.99
1 x Oxi Clean 3.99
3 x Covergirl B2G1F $10.98
2 x Schick disposable razors $14.00
4 x Crest t/p $11.96
2 x Colgate t/p $5.98
Less All DQ (1.00)
Less Oxi Clean DQ (2.00)
Less Covergirl DQ (3.00)
Less Schick DQ (7.00)
Less Crest DQ (4.00)
Less Crest MQ (1.00)
Less Colgate qs (4.00)
Less Reward (20.00)
Tax 2.99
OOP $10.89

Received $6 RR (Register Reward) for Crest. I also received a CAT for $5 bonus points WYS $20

I started with 44160 points ($50 reward) and ended with 45450 points ($55 reward)

Don't ask me how. I still don't understand WAGS math. I know that I earned $4 for the Colgate & Schick. The other $15 was bonus points ($5 Beauty, $5 for spending $25, $5 August boost).

Now unlike other drugstores, WAGS doesn't give you a detailed list of rewards earned on your receipt. I had to wait until I got home to check my online account. Ugh.

I also noticed that 2 of my DQs didn't deduct ($3 Covergirl, $1 Crest). I'm so upset, because I actually have paper qs for these items too. I also wish that they would allow you to use available rewards for the entire total. I have $50 worth, but could only use $20. Sigh. I know they're doing this to get you to keep spending money there. I'm trying not to spend much OOP there, but it's hard when the DQs don't work in your favor. With a paper q, you know exactly what has/hasn't deducted.

Oh well, I guess $4.89 after rewards for everything above (13 items), isn't too shabby. I should go back and get more Colgate, since I have 2 more qs. Who doesn't like free t/p

Last week CVS had 30% off online orders. I've never shopped drugstores online, but they had a great offer on PG detergent and also DQs to use. Buy $15 detergent get $5 EB, Buy $20 Tide or Gain, get $5.

So I bought:

1 x 100 oz Tide 15.29
1 x 100 oz Gain 14.79
Less Tide DQ (3.00)
Less Gain DQ (2.00)
Less 30% (7.53)
Less $4 EB (4.00)
Tax 1.35
OOP $14.90 and earned back $10 EB

I really need to hit RA, cause I have BC expiring soon. I have a plan, but of course that got waylaid by our printers this time. There's always something. My new printer's barcodes don't seem to scan at any stores. DH's printer is low on ink, so no good printing. I have to switch printers with DS (who has my old printer, that hasn't been connected yet). So hopefully I can get that done tomorrow and get my shopping done. Not to mention I'm still dealing with this spreadsheet problem. I haven't even looked at the current CVS ad yet. I need to see if there's any good deals.




1 comment:

  1. You did a great job shopping and saving. I find it so challenging to keep up all the digital coupons, etc. I admire those that can make it work!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...