Friday, June 28, 2019

Making my own chicken patties





When I learned years ago what goes into chicken patties & nuggets, I stopped buying those things. Chicken is my meat of choice since I don't eat seafood and eat very little red meat. However, there's no way I wanted to put any more junk into my body. So I decided to make my own chicken patties. We love it so much that it never lasts, even though I make large batches to freeze.

I've also noticed that Sams has lowered the price of their non GMO chicken breast to $2.53/lb. I only buy this or organic chicken, cause I cannot stand the taste of regular chicken. I grew up eating lots of pure foods, so eating genetically modified food turns me off.

Here's my recipe. You can add or remove whatever ingredients you want to the recipe. The beauty of making your own, is that you can add whatever tickles your taste buds.


Chicken breast (I just pulse mine in the Ninja to make 'ground' chicken)
Grated onion
Garlic
Cilantro
Salt
Pepper
Coriander
Paprika
egg
I also added a small amount of cumin, cause too much can overpower a dish

You can also add breadcrumbs to help bind the mixture, but I don't use any.

Last week, I used a $50 Walmart gc (that I redeemed through Ibotta) and bought almost 20 lbs of chicken breasts at Sams (yes, you can use Walmart gcs at Sams). 4 Lbs was used to make more patties. Then I also diced some, threw it into my instant pot with salt, pepper & sage. Made chicken pesto with some and froze the rest for future dinners.

We love eating the patties on a bun with red onion, roasted red peppers, pineapple, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce of  your choice. The patties aren't huge or the prettiest, but after adding all the toppings, you have a really good sandwich. I just skip the bun on occasion and still enjoy mine as a salad.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty? I don't need pretty. I might make some of these someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I would have never thought to do this with chicken. For convenience, we grill frozen chicken breasts and the add different sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I like to have grilled breasts too. I sometimes add veggies like onions, peppers, zucchini to the grill too, so my meal is complete.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...