Friday, November 5, 2021

This week's this & that

Not much happening here this week, since I was out of commission the first half of the week. Thankfully, I'm back in the saddle again. 

  • I made a Sams run and spent $200. Ugh! $100 of that amount was for meat and a bottle of detergent, $28 for yogurt. Prices are crazy. So much for my $250 budget this month. I'm still gonna try to stick to my budget since we don't need much and I still have the gc to spend at Walmart. I just need to pick up pumpkin pies & bottled water at Sams before Thanksgiving and hit the produce market. 
  • Redeemed a $5 Starbucks gc (they didn't have DD) from PG. I still had old points to use, but PG now limits the amount of rewards you can redeem per month. 
  • Partly cleaned out the garden. It's still a work in progress. I wanted to do it sooner, but the garden wouldn't stop producing. Temps will be slightly higher next week, so I'll finish it then. It's been rather cold this week. I don't know why I'm surprised by the cold, because it's November after all. We turned on both gas fireplaces to keep us warm. 
  • Mailed my Christmas cards. They all went abroad, so I had to get them out early. I've been buying individual Hallmark cards at DT. It's so nice to send people personalized Christmas cards and it only costs 50c each. A small price to pay to make my family & close friends feel special. I need to pick up a few more and get them mailed. 

Earlier this week, I opened my last spare deodorant and decided to keep an eye out for a new deal. It just so happens that WAGS has my deodorant on sale this week. 

Trans 1

2 x Dove deodorant $12.00

3 x Crest t/p 9.00

Less Dove DQ (2.00)

Tax 1.26

OOP $20.26

Earned $5 RR (Dove) $3.21 WC (WYS $12)

What the heck?! It doesn't matter how long I stay away from WAGS, something must always go wrong. I immediately noticed that my $5/3 Crest DQ didn't deduct. When I make my shopping lists, I always add the numbers so that I know exactly how much my OOP will be. 

I just told the cashier I'll contact CS when I get home, cause a line was already forming behind me and they had 2 registers open. Then I'd have to wait on a manager to add points to my account. But then I checked my receipt and noticed that I did not get a RR for the Crest either. Ugh, are you kidding me WAGS? I didn't know if I was supposed to get points or RR, because their new ad no longer displays the details. So back to the shelf I went to take a pic before heading home. Contacted CS and they added $9 WC to my account. 

So here's the new breakdown.

Earned $5 RR (Dove), $3.21 WC (WYS $12), $9 WC (Crest), $2 Fetch (Dove).

Total earned $19.21. So it basically cost me sales tax after all my rewards. I opted to pay cash instead of using rewards, so I could earn the $3 bonus. 

They don't carry my regular Dove scent, but at this price I'm not complaining. I went to a different WAGS today to do the deal on DH's account. 

Trans 2

2 x Dove deodorant $12.00

3 x Crest t/p 9.00

Less Dove DQ (2.00)

Less Crest DQ (5.00)

Tax 1.26

OOP $15.26

Earned $5 RR (Dove), $4 RR (Crest) $5.21 WC (WYS $20) + $2 Fetch

Total earned $16.21, so a small MM

Success!! I decided to get a different Crest that I know the DQ attached to online and it worked slick as snot. The Spend deal amount is based on your pre-coupon total. We always get different amounts on our accounts. I don't know why. 

Also submitted my receipts to PG (Crest). That's 300 points. You only need 750 points for a $5 gc, so I'll buy all the free t/p that I can cause it gives me free coffee money...lol

So, I spent $35.52 OOP, but earned it all back in rewards. 

I will be posting Christmas treats recipes soon, so if you have one to share, please post recipe or link in the comments. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Considering how prices are rising, staying within a budget is getting more and more difficult I find.

    I will be posting some Christmas baking, but not for a bit yet. Still have a few things to pick up (hopefully on sale).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jackie. I hope you find good deals on everything that you need.

      Delete
  2. I never go into WG anymore, just pick up meds at the window. But, when I did try to get a deal, it never worked for me and they did not seem to know what I was talking about. One said she had no idea what the ad meant after we read it together. So, I give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is typical of WAGS Linda. Their cashiers are always clueless.

      Delete
  3. Getting Hallmark cards for 50 cents each is a great price. I love the Dollar Tree for stuff like that. I need to get a new broom from there. I haven’t been to Sams Club in a long time. I’m sure I would have sticker shock. Lol that is frustrating that you didn’t get your first Wags transaction to go thru correctly. I’m glad you were able to get it sorted out later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love DT cards Belinda! Who needs the Hallmark store?...lol. I have a love/hate relationship with Wags. I'm almost immune to their crapola by now...lol.

      Delete
  4. I HATE Wags new ad lay-out. I can't figure anything out. I don't want to click on view to look at the deal.... Frustrating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wags likes to pull some stunt just before the holidays. It happens every year. I hate the new 'ad' too. I initially thought it was a draft for the upcoming ad, until I read that its the new ad layout. They need to fire whoever came up with this nonsense.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...