Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Last minute Christmas deals

Hi everyone!

It's been a crazy week. I had no meal plan for this week.  I just made some chicken curry and banana muffins for the week. We ate curry & rice for 2 nights already. Tonight it's just Sam's pizza from the freezer and salad.

 




Just a few good deals I picked up this week (I couldn't resist). I offered to get cupcakes and pop for DS's class. I do this every year and every year I wonder why I torture myself with going to the stores during Christmas week. While I was on Mypoints the other day, I noticed a deal for Coke products at Sams. Buy 2 x 35 ct Coke or Sprite, earn 24xx points (equals $19.50). No way!! I was already planning on buying a case for school, so I figured I'd just get an extra case for ourselves too. I also had a $20 Walmart gc (Ibotta). I had ordered 30ct Christmas cupcakes, so I figured I'd just get another 30ct package since I'm getting such a good deal, but alas. No more cupcakes to be had. They did have trays of holiday brownies, so I added that. Here's how the deal went

2 x 35ct Diet coke $35.16
1 x 30ct Cupcakes 15.98
1 x Brownie tray 18.44
Bottle deposit 7.00
Less GC (20.00)
OOP $56.58

Earn $19.50 Mypoints. So $37.08 will feed at least 30 kids and we get a case of Coke too. Plus I'll earn back $3.50 bottle deposit. 

I always circle the qualifying items on my receipts when I submit to select sites. Well, I got some ink on my hand and ended up smearing the date with ink. So Mypoints said they can't read my receipt. Ugh. So that's under review. Then I remembered that you can view all your purchases at Sams online. So I took pics of that for when Mypoints contacts me. I already have more proof of that purchase. Please excuse the pics. When I view it on my computer, it's right side up. For some reason it displays sideways on Blogger and I can't rotate it. I took the pics outside in the cold, that's why it's not clear. 


Meijer & Kroger has Spinbrush BOGOF this week and there's a $2 Ibotta rebate (limit 5). Meijer's price is 70c less than Kroger (no surprise as Kroger is the most expensive grocery store around here).  So I stopped at Meijer on Sunday and did this deal

6 x Spinbrush @ $8.29  $49.74
Less 3 BOGOF $24.87
Tax 1.49
OOP $26.36
Earn $10 Ibotta. So $16.36 for 6 Spinbrushes. That's a good deal.

Today, I stopped at a different Meijer, cause my store only had the Soft ones left on Sunday. No Spinbrushes at this store, but they did have the 2pk replacement heads. The deal is the same as above, so I bought those.

I also purchased blueberries that's BOGOF this week. My store price was $2.75 each. The store I went to today (not far from me) charged $2.95. So weird, but I'm happy to have my favorite berry.

Let me tell ya. It's a zoo out there. The stores are all packed with extra long lines. Not my cup of tea, but I got my shopping done. 

DS had a runny nose last night. I tend to get sick when he just has a runny nose. So I gave him a Wal-act (Wags flu/allergy pill. It's about all we use as it works fast. I do keep Robitussen too for anyone who coughs) that knocked him out for the night and he's much better today. Phew! I don't like when my loved ones are sick. I pamper them and make sure they're comfortable and pray that they heal fast. Nothing like some TLC to help you feel better. We're on a Vitamin C diet this winter (OJ, Guava juice, oranges, kiwi and blueberries - okay, I just love blueberries, but they're rich in antioxidants anyway). So many people are sick lately. I'm praying that everyone who's ill will be right as rain in time for Christmas. 

I'm going to mix my cookie dough now so I can bake tomorrow. I'm not making much this year. I'll just freeze half of it. I need to wrap DS's gifts as soon as he leaves for school tomorrow (last day before break). I was going to do it today, but decided to just pick him up when I dropped off the cake. 

The winter storm should be here by Friday. We're not expecting much snow, but ya never know. 

I'd like to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and prosperous New Year. I'll be back the first week in January. 

Stay healthy, safe & warm peeps. Have a wonderful holiday break!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing holiday with your son. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did get some good deals, especially on the cokes at Sam’s Club. I haven’t been there in so long. I need to go back this year as it’s been before the pandemic since I’ve been there. Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deals as usual. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...