Monday, December 12, 2022

Meal Plan Monday 12/12/22

Well, it looks like the flu germs finally made it to our home. I woke up feeling really poorly yesterday. All I wanted to do was go back to bed. However, I managed to putter around, do laundry and cook our meals for the week. By the time that was done, I was ready for bed. My whole body, including my chest hurt. So I slept for 2 hours, got up for dinner, then slept for another 2 hours. Then back to bed just after 9 and I still need more sleep. I don't really have cold/flu symptoms like a runny, sneezy nose or coughing. It's very,very mild. So I don't even know what I have right now. I just want to sleep. This is not like the covid fatigue. It's more like the achy, tired flu body. So I'm going to do a few more things, then head back to bed. I've kicked our vitamin C intake into high gear. Nobody wants to be sick over the holidays. We've been there before. It's times like these that I'm thankful for freezer cooking & stockpiling. I don't have to worry about food or anything else (except those gcs I still need to buy for teachers), because everything's cooked and we have everything else in stock. I'm so glad I hit Sams, Aldi & the produce market on Friday. I just bought bagels on a whim at Aldi, but it sure came in handy this week. On to the menu:


Monday : Baked ravioli & salad

Tuesday : Garlic parsley chicken patties, mashed potatoes & veggies and/or salad

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Beef burritos & salad

Breakfasts : Cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese, cereal, omelets

I also made 'sausage rolls' for DS. I had 2 freebie Oscar Mayer Qs from Kroger (last month & this month), so I bought 2 packs of Smokies. I added to smokies, cheese & jalapeno to puff pastry to make 'sausage rolls'. I do know how to make real sausage rolls, but this is a nice snack for him. 

We always have a salad fixings and a variety of fruit, so it's just a matter of taking your pick.

I didn't even bother to make muffins this week, because I just didn't have the energy. Bagels saved the day. 

I was going to make spaghetti & meatballs, but decided to use the ravioli to free up some freezer space. The baked ravioli, is just frozen ravioli that's been cooked, then topped with meat sauce (you can use regular pasta sauce too. I prefer meat sauce, since there's not much protein in ravioli) and mozzarella cheese and baked until cheese is melted.

The chicken patties can be turned into chicken sandwiches too. We have brioche rolls and all kinds of toppings (spinach, leafy greens, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes).

I made a big pot of taco meat. Then cooked some beans in the instant pot. Added salsa and cheese and made enough burritos for the freezer. I'm not even bothering to cook next week. There's enough food in the freezer to feed us for another week. 

I'll be back with another post about other things in a day or two. I'm off to putter a little more, then back to bed.

Stay safe, warm & healthy peeps!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon. I wrote yesterday that I'm trying to stay healthy with all the crud going around and now the big guy has bronchitis. I'm avoiding him as much as possible.
    Having a well stocked house is such a joy. It is nice not to have to run to the store when you don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I hope the big guy gets well soon & that you'll stay healthy. It gives me peace of mind to have a well stocked pantry.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better! I also leverage things like prepped taco meat (Nick's favorite dinner), & we also keep other meals just ready to go, & pull them out for nights like this week, when we have two weekday soccer games, that will keep us out of the house late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HP. I love freezer meals! It's nice to not have to worry about cooking or wasting money on junk food when you're busy or sick.

      Delete
  3. Rest, and gather your strength so as the holidays are wonderful for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! That's exactly what I'm doing - sleeping as much as I can so I can heal faster.

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...