Monday, June 5, 2023

Menu Plan Monday sorta kinda

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I slept late all weekend. I woke up around 9am yesterday and it threw me off completely. I'm an early to bed, early to rise kinda person. The only time I sleep so much is when I'm sick or totally exhausted. I'm definitely not sick, but I think all those sleepless nights have finally caught up with me. I've been living on coffee & stress for too long. 

DS had a runny nose all weekend (he's much better today), so no dinner out for us. I got carry out for him & I ate some leftover roti & curry. I know he's not sick (probably allergies), because he's been nagging me about vacation for days now...lol. He doesn't know that there won't be any more vacations with the ex. I'm hoping that we can move soon, so I can hopefully figure out vacation before summer's over. We're very easy to please when it comes to vacation. Just take us to the beach πŸ– 🏊🩱🍹(vacation isn't complete without a drinkie poo πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚). It's my happy place! 

On to the menu planning. We're eating light this week, so here goes:

Monday : Pesto chicken casserole, baked potatoes & salad

Tuesday : Grilled chicken, potato salad, baked beans salad, carrot pineapple salad and BYO (build your own) greens salad. 

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Carry out for DS and I'll eat leftovers

Breakfasts : Breakfast sausage, omelets, bagels, carrot gingerbread muffins, toast, cereal or oatmeal

Lunch : Salad with protein from the freezer

Dessert : Haagen Dasz ice cream (I bought a box at Sams. I couldn't resist😁)

There's always a variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available


My muffins didn't turn out too well. They're a bit too dense, but fine otherwise. I was out of sync from sleeping so late. 

I bought 3 packages of Johnsonville (our preferred brand) breakfast sausage when Kroger had it on sale last week. Then cooked it with onions & peppers when I got home. I always do this, then freeze portions for easy consumption.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care much for cooking when it's hot. I'm thinking of having a grilling menu next week. Grilled Chicken, Italian sausage and maybe beef foil pockets. Then just add salads on the side. Easy peasy. Ice cream's on sale everywhere, so we could probably have banana splits and milkshakes for dessert. 

I need to go some errands in a little while.

Have a wonderful week peeps!

7 comments:

  1. Sleep is as important as nutrition, if not more so. Following the formula of 7 hours sleep is a Must. It even helps dieting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Duta. I normally try to get at least 8 hours sleep every night. I feel a lot better now that I've had decent sleep.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you were able to catch up on your sleep. I hope DS is feeling better. Your menu sounds delicious. I just noticed I have a few cubes of pesto in the freezer left and my first thought was Pesto Chicken so that is on our menu this week too. I always love that dish. I do a lot of grilling during the summer. I don't like heavy meals when it is so hot. Things like potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni salad all make great sides. I hope you have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I love pesto and the chicken is one of my go to meals. I bought a big sundried tomatoes and think I should start making my own pizzas again. I use pesto instead of pizza sauce. I love my veggie pizzas - artichokes, mushrooms, red onion, colored peppers and sundried tomatoes. I might have to make those for Friday night dinners and add some grilled chicken on the side or just add some chicken to the pizza. I should make some pesto pasta salad too. We haven't had any in a long time. Hope you enjoy your chicken. You too have a wonderful week darling.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If only these things could make us feel better. I feel your pain Kim. Sending you a great big hug.

      Delete
  4. Checked my menu this week and gave a sigh of relief. Lots of grilling or just warming things up (can use the microwave or toaster oven for this). It is insanely hot here for this time of year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...