Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I'm still here

Hi everyone

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. It's been a rough ride, and the stress has been taking a toll on my health again. I've had more hair breakage & I'm not sleeping. I still have a pending court case. Sigh. I just wish the ex would complete everything now so we can both move on with our lives. I'm more than ready to move forward. I can close this case without court appearance if he just does what he's supposed to, but nothing is ever easy.

I also woke up to some bad news from my family this week. Not good & has me very worried. In typical family fashion (we're good at it), they're downplaying things, but I know it might be worse, otherwise they wouldn't have contacted me. So I've been up since 3 am again. Started my day talking to them and worrying some more. I feel like I've been running on empty for some time now. The problem with being a strong person is that everyone expects you to be there for them, but nobody ever asks how you are doing. Sometimes I just need someone to ask how I am, tell me that they care and/or give me a hug. Sorry, I'm just venting, cause (like my family) we don't put our problems or personal business out there for all the world to know. We're very private! I just put on my happy face and go about my business being there for others. I just need something good to happen for a change. 

What else is new in Goose land

  • I almost made an offer on that house I viewed. It was near perfect, but my gut is still telling me no. I've broadened my search to a few more cities, because the housing market seems to be on pause again. I need to move!!! 


  • Received my $40 Rakuten check 


  • Received $5 KC that I let expire, because I didn't want to waste a trip to the mall to just redeem $5
  • Bought my vanity when Wayfair had it reduced to $285. Then over the weekend, it was reduced by another 30! Ugh! I'm not upset though, since I paid with gcs. I love that they have no limit to the amount of gcs you can use per order. However, I decided to pay $50 with my CC. I figured it's better to dispute the charge if anything arrives broken/damaged. I still have $100 gcs left. I opened one package to see if the mirror was unharmed, but only saw wood pieces (ugh). I didn't want to take the whole thing apart to look for the mirror in the middle.  The ex wanted to leave my vanity on the porch and I said 'no way'. I told him to put it in the garage or shed, because I don't want it to get damaged when it rains. Wood swells when it gets wet (even I know that...lol). See why I need to move? I hate procrastination. I just want to get things done and live life again. 

  • My car battery died. I was going to take the vehicle to the car wash, only to discover it won't start. So the ex charged the battery. He said to test it to see how it works otherwise I need a replacement. I hope I don't get stuck somewhere. I've had other problems with this car a few short years ago, so I hope nothing else goes wrong. 

  • I was going to buy this Date night top with my $50 WHBM reward, but the item had so many mixed reviews about sizing. You forfeit your reward if you return anything you purchased with it, so I decided to pay cash for it. I sized down per reviews and it fits perfectly!! This top is sexyyyyyy!!! Holy cow! I didn't expect it to look & fit this good. Okay, it shows a little cleavage, but not too much. The downside is that I hate wearing strapless bras. I'm always worried that the bra will end up around my ankles...lol.  I tried the top with a regular bra and pushed the bra straps slightly off the shoulder to hide it & voila! Problem solved. I'll definitely use the detachable straps to avoid a wardrobe malfunction. Now I need to lose at least 10 lbs so I can comfortably fit my behind into my skinny jeans again. 

    Yep, I'm ready to go on a date. Okay, maybe I'll never be ready but as Joyce Meyer likes to say 'Do it afraid'. So I've decided that I'm just going to Do it, otherwise I might never work up the nerve/courage. I haven't been on a date in about 25 years. I don't even know the protocol. What do you do, say? What if the guy decides he doesn't like me. Do I cry at the table? Wait until I get to my car?...lol. Oh boy! Maybe I should go on a lunch date first, cause I don't have anyone to watch DS. I can't get a sitter to come to the house, cause the ex will complain and he'll refuse to watch DS. So lunch is probably my best bet, but DS is now home on Fridays too, so I have 4 days to go out. Oy vey. I'm really nervous, because I never did something like this before. In CT, I met men through business, at social events or through friends, so I already 'knew' them and/or what to expect. My life has changed a lot since moving here, so I'm not as confident as I was before. 


  •  I then purchased 2 of my favorite poplin shirts (was on sale last week) and paid $12 OOP. Turns out I had another $5 reward in my account, so $55 free money. Then I received another $5 reward yesterday. I don't even know what all the rewards are for and I don't need anything else. Come on! I don't need any more clothes. Heck, I hardly go out to wear all my clothes. I need to get a life...lol

  • Chicos sent me a $10 reward (dunno why), so I got this blouse. It is prettier than expected, especially for a free item. I love the paisley & floral sleeve accents. This blouse is so simple, but still makes a statement - just the way I like it!

  • Purchased a pair of jeans & top with my Madewell reward and paid $5.28 OOP. The jeans retails for $128, so I'm not complaining about the OOP. 

  • I've started taking DS to dinner on weekends. We haven't done this in years, so it was nice for us to get out again and he's happy. It was even nicer to be able to enjoy a craft beer again. It's kinda weird doing things on my own, because I've been dependent on the ex for so long. Baby steps. I have to keep reminding myself that I CAN do this. I don't have to be afraid of the unknown, because I'll never do anything if I continue to live my life in fear.

  • Went to Ollies to look for new lunch boxes for DS and came home with bakeware instead (insert face palm emoji...lol). Well, Ollies had heavy duty Wilton bakeware (cookie sheets, loaf pans, cake pans, cooling racks) at really low prices (large cookie sheets are $6.99). I had a 15% off Q, so this worked out great. I bought a Wilton cookie sheet set at Target for $18 a few months ago & this thing is so flimsy. I researched this Ever Glide line and saw that it debuted in 2018. That explains the good quality, cause everything is so poorly made lately. 


Stopped at Target after dinner on Sunday (we didn't go anywhere fancy this time), because I had a $15/100 that was expiring and I'm on my last bottle of Tide (please excuse the crooked pic. I don't know how to straighten pic on my new computer)

6 x 90 oz Tide $77.94
3 x Old Spice Spray 22.17
1 x Old Spice b/w 7.39
1 x Razors 7.29
Less 15/100 (15.00)
Less Bic DQ (4.00)
Less OS Q (6.00)
Less $3 Tide DQ (3.00)
Tax 4.49
OOP $91.28 Paid with gc

Earned $25 GC (2 x $10 Tide, $5 OS) + $14.10 Ibotta ($6 OS spray, $3 OS b/w, $5 Razor, 10c any item) and submitted for $15 PG rebate. 
Total earned $54.10

I decided to just use one of those discounted Target gcs I bought last year, since I'm only $12 short of my $1k Christmas savings. It's only May, so I can easily make up for it. Saved me from spending more OOP. 

My Target only had 1 Captain spray, so I had to get a different brand. I added the b/w, since it had a $3 Ibotta rebate. It actually smells good. Not nearly as good as the Captain, but it will do. The Deep Sea smells okay. Not bad, but not something I'll buy again.  I sense a theme here - Captain, Deep Sea, Harbor...lol. This is right up my alley, cause I grew up by the ocean. 

That's about it for me right now. I'll try to write again later this week.

Have a wonderful week peeps!

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear an update from you but sorry that things are so stressful. I do not like things in limbo so I totally sympathize with how you're feeling. I hope things with you family are ok. You have a lot of stress on you right now. I hope things work out very soon. Hugs to you. That is one sexy date night shirt. I have no advice since I've been married almost my entire life. lol Great deals as always. I still don't know how you do it. Take care and enjoy your time with DS. I hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear things are still a struggle with the ex. Here's hoping you'll get closure, and be able to buy a house & move on. Lots of good deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HP. Fingers crossed that everything will work out soon!

      Delete
  3. I am sorry for all your trials. Life is just not fair sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it's so good to hear from you! You are never far from my thoughts & I pray for you often. I wish that I could give you a great big hug & make all your pain go away. Just take it one day at a time my friend. I need to go catch up on your blog. Sending you a big hug.

      Delete
  4. Don't take any guff off any guy you meet on the internet. Just move on to the next one. I had several guys who did not like me, but I considered the source of the judgment and found better guys.
    I would not wear that blouse on a first date, and especially not for lunch. But, I am sure you can figure that out...lol. I do love the blouses, though! You get some real deals and nice things.
    Sorry you are having court trouble and dh trouble.
    About the dates, be picky! Tommy, for all the trouble he is, is the nicest guy ever. It took a long time and many dates to find him. He can be very annoying, but he has all the things that count.
    I love Wilton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry you are still dealing with divorce issues and now this family problem has come up. My divorce took about a year and it took me about a year before I ever began to feel like my old self again. I wish you much peace and sleep filled nights. Sounds like you’ve gotten some great deals lately. I love how you have coupons /deals for just about everything you shop for. It’s good to hear an update from you. I’ve been wondering about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Belinda. We've been divorced for almost a year already. He could've handled this issue the minute we got divorced. It's way past time for us to move on with our lives. I don't think I could ever pay full price for anything. I sure wish there were coupons for houses. I wouldn't mind a 50% coupon on a new house...lol. I actually had a vision of finding the perfect house at $50k less than my budgeted price. I sure hope that comes true...lol

      Delete
  6. Sorry things are difficult right now. Will be praying for you. You sound like a strong person with a good head on your shoulders. In time, life will feel normal again.
    Love the blouses you bought. The deals you get are always so impressive. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...