Monday, November 6, 2023

Menu Plan Monday 11/06/23

Hi everyone

Here we go again with jet lag savings time. Can we just leave the clocks alone, cause I'll feel jet lagged for a week again. I woke up (early) yesterday to a text from someone close to me (in SA), about a death in their family. So I was dealing with that first thing in the morning. 

I spent a good part of the day doing my weekly cooking. I considered taking a nap, but decided to just have an early night instead. I was out of sync from the time change and had back pain. So I grabbed a good book & took an hour long aromatherapy bath to relax. That helped a lot. 

Woke up an hour early this morning (as expected) and my phone lit up at 5am. Not again. So I grabbed the phone (I can hardly read anything on my phone without my glasses, but managed to make out the name). It wasn't my family or BF, so I heaved a sigh of relief (and decided to read that text later) and tried to get back to sleep. I knew I was fighting a losing battle 😂

The school bus arrived 15 minutes early, but we were ready. I've always stressed to DS that we have to be ready early, in case the bus arrives earlier than expected. Mama knows best, cause the bus arrived early on quite a few occasions. 5 Minutes after he left, I received a text from school to say that school is closed for election tomorrow. Ugh again. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Why do they tell us things at the last minute? I hate last minute things. I'm a planner. Then I heard from BF and my day was right side up again. He knows how to make me feel special 💖 And how was your Monday? 😂

On to our menu plan.

Monday : Beef pot pie & veggies

Tuesday : Chicken a la king, yellow rice & veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Mexican - burritos, nachos or quesadillas with beans, pico, guac

Breakfasts : Cranberry almond muffins, bagels, cereal, eggs, toast or french toast (wheat, chocolate brioche bread), breakfast sausage, cranberry orange pancakes

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad

Dessert : Still sticking to no dessert

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available.

I was so happy to find fresh cranberries. I prefer to bake with fresh instead of dried or canned (too much sugar in the canned cranberries). I've never made cranberry almond muffins (I normally make cranberry lemon muffins, but forgot to buy lemons to zest) & they were a HUGE hit. I've outdone myself. Since I was on a roll, I made cranberry orange pancakes too. I left some out for the week and froze the rest. I'm thinking we should probably just bake holiday flavored muffins until the end of the year. We can add our favorite gingerbread and pumpkin muffins to the rotation. I think we'll also add our Bran apple (it's Fall after all 🍎🍏) to the mix.

We've been doing really well with eating at home on Fridays. I just get fries to add to our meal & DS is happy. 

Have a wonderful week peeps!


12 comments:

  1. Hello my friend!! Glad to see a post from you and know that things are going pretty well. I REALLY wish they would stop playing back and forward with the time. Fall back doesn't hurt me as much as Spring forward but it's all just crazy we do this.
    Your meals sound delish as always. I hope things are ok with your family/friends.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, the time change totally messed me up. I don't even get jet lag when I travel abroad. Hope the big guy is feeling better.

      Delete
  2. As is usual your meals sound wonderful. I actually had a nap this afternoon. I had done some Christmas cards and needed to rest my eyes.... Fell asleep for about 1/2 hour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I'm behind with Christmas this year. I no longer send Christmas cards. I'm only getting cards for my BF and my cousin who sends me one every year.

      Delete
  3. The dried cranberries I find always have sugar and oil in them, so I dehydrate my own.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the sugar content Linda. I don't mind dried cranberries - I use limited amounts though. I just don't bake with them.

      Delete
  4. I hope your back is feeling better now and I'm sorry about the death in your friend's family. Your menu sounds so good. I found some fresh cranberries this week too on markdown for 99 cents, so I grabbed them. Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I bought more cranberries too. I'm baking all things cranberries while it's available...lol Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  5. I don't remember last Monday...lol. But, i wish the time was always DST.I don't leave the phone on at night, that way nothing disturbs my sleep. NOTHING!
    Fresh cranberries are the only way to go for cranberry sauce with berries. I read an article where someone tested 11 brands of cranberry sauce, and Ocean Spray was the best for whole berry and jelled. I agree.
    I have made one bag of cranberry sauce already with less than a half cup of sugar. It is tart but will be perfect for turkey and dressing and the other vegetables.
    We both love cranberry orange anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time change is a total pita Linda. I never buy cranberry sauce. None of us bothers to eat it, so I just bake all kinds of treats with fresh cranberries. I love orange/cranberry too. Those pancakes were so good!

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...