Monday, January 8, 2024

Menu Plan Monday 01/08/24

I woke up feeling great this morning. After spending most of the weekend in bed, I was all gung ho to get things done. Got the beef into the slow cooker, cooked the beans in instant pot, started a load of laundry, did a 20 minute run in place. By the time DS left for school, I had lost all steam. As much as I would've liked a nap, I needed to run errands (more on that tomorrow). On to the menu plan:


Monday : Slow cooker roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, veggies

Tuesday : Chicken pot pie, salad & veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Chicken burritos with salad

Breakfasts : Carrot gingerbread muffins, bagels with cream cheese, cereal, eggs or omelets, toast, cranberry orange pancakes

Lunch : Leftovers or protein from freezer with salad

Dessert : No dessert cause I overate on that Christmas dessert & cookies

There's always a large variety of fresh fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

If anyone has a Sams membership, check your stores for sale ham. I had a package of ham lunch meat in my cart last week, when I spotted a fridge full of hams with a sign that said '$8 off each'. So I checked the prices, found one for $20.xx and put the lunch meat back on the shelf. When I checked out, the register deducted $12 (not $8 as stated). That was an 8lb ham for $8.xx and it's the same price as the package of lunch meat I would've bought. I still need to dice & freeze the ham (tomorrow). If I had my own place & a freezer, I would've turned right around to buy another ham or 2. 

I'm ready for an early night, cause I'm not fully recovered yet. 

Have a wonderful evening peeps. Stay healthy, safe & warm

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better. We rarely go to Sam's. That was an excellent price on ham. I bought a freezer so I can buy all I want. He helps to put food in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I hope you are back to baseline soon. Chicken pot pie sounds delicious right now. It's been so long since I've made them, I have to put that on the list of dinners SOON!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to have most of my energy first thing in the morning as well. Run out of steam by the afternoon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...