Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Stockpiling items of the week 01/08/24

Hi everyone

Here's just a few good stockpiling items for this week.

Meijer

Spend $30 on Kimberley Clark products earn $10 CAT (coupon that prints at register)

I just knew that I had to do the Kleenex deal when I saw the ad, because Kleenex has become rather pricey over the years. Well, I'm a tissues junkie. I cannot live without this stuff. I like to have a box at my fingertips.  I did a bunch of calculations to see which scenario would give me the best bang for my buck & this is what I came up with (I always calculate unit costs). 

2 x 6pk Kleenex @ $9.49 ea  $18.98

2 x 4pk Kleenex @ $6.99 ea  13.98

Less DQ (0.50)

Less DQ (1.00)

OOP $31.46 + tax

Earned $10 CAT

Total cost after reward = $21.46 or $1.07 per box

I had $8 Mperks rewards, so that reduced my OOP.

Gone are the days when you can score Kleenex for $1 or less. I miss that, but Meijer made up for it this week πŸ˜‚This is a great price, because I pay $14.98 for a 12pk ($1.24) store brand tissues at Sams. Be sure to check the box sizes. I always purchase the 160ct boxes. I'm not going to pay the same price for half the quantity, just because the box/packaging looks cute. 



If you have a Wags account, clip the $5 WYB 2 beauty products q. Wags currently has major clearance on cosmetics so there are many ways to get free or near free products (if you can find any). 

Wags also has 90% off Christmas and that's how I ended up not hitting all the stores I wanted to yesterday πŸ˜‚ I stopped at Wags on my way to Aldi, saw that they had a decent amount of Christmas items available and didn't even make it to Aldi. I just decided to hit the main stores since Aldi items aren't a need. 

I did the following scenario:

1 x Almay mascara (clearance) $7.59
1 x Almay mascara B1G50% off 2nd 3.79
4 x 2pk Nivea lip balm 19.96
1 x Nivea lip balm 3.99
1 x Christmas clearance Kit Kat 1.49
Tax 2.12
OOP $38.94

Earned $22 WC ($10 Nivea, $5 WYB 2 Beauty, $7 WYS $35) + $8 Ibotta (Almay)
Total earned $30.00

The Nivea is Spend $20 earn $10 (you can combine it with whatever digital boosters are available on your account. see my earnings above)). I didn't earn my points and contacted CS. Looks like the single Nivea isn't included  (this was all my store had available), but they still honored the deal and added the points. There are lots of other Nivea products included in this deal (ends 01/27/24), but I wanted the lip balm. You can mix & match. There's a Nivea lotion Ibotta rebate and DQs for select items. 

The mascaras were clearanced and I wasn't sure if the BOGO deal would apply, but I'm happy it did. 

You can just do the mascara deal as follows:

1 x Almay mascara (clearance) $7.59
1 x Almay mascara B1G50% off 2nd 3.79
OOP $11.38
Earn $5 WC + $8 Ibotta
$1.62 MM



At another store. There wasn't much Christmas left, but they did have a good amount of candy. Food was 75% off, so I did the following:

14 x Ghirardelli $20.86
1 x Hallmark gift wrap 0.44 (BF will be happy)
Less WC (20.00)
Tax 0.03
OOP $1.33


The candy is for Valentine's for DS's classmates. At $1.49 per bag (4.5 oz bags), I wasn't passing up this deal. It's Valentine's colors after allπŸ˜‚ I made sure to not grab any snowman ones. 

I also bought myself a 15 oz bag of Lint peppermint chocolate for $4 (I love mint chocolate anything). Who pays $16 for a bag of chocolate?  I've wanted this flavor for a while now & was happy to find a bag. Bought a few Christmas things for my guys too, so I'm not sharing my chocolate with anyone. They can eat Ghirardelli πŸ˜‚

I purchased $314.07 worth of items for $53.52 OOP and earned back $33. It was a good day at Wags

Aldi

I'm very happy to see blueberries on sale this week, because I've been paying an arm & a leg for it. I'm stocking up. 

I'm not ignoring anyone's blogs. I'm still sick. I'm feeling really really rough right now. I've got all kinds of symptoms and I'm just about ready for bed. I'll check back when I feel better.

Have a great evening peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Worry about yourself as much as you can and heal! That's an order....;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Sluggy! I'm feeling much better now.

      Delete
  2. I need a good excuse to buy chocolate...NOT. I may drag myself into Wags tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Linda! I love chocolate. I hope you were able to find some on clearance.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like some very good deals this week. Thank you for your sweet comments for my Dad. I hope you get to feeling better soon, it’s no fun being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stock up trip you had. Love the peppermint chocolate.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. It's my favorite chocolate flavor.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...