Thursday, May 21, 2020

Ibotta bonus & stockpiling

I made my bi-weekly trip to the grocery store. Before going shopping, I checked my Ibotta. I haven't use any grocery store apps since the pandemic started. My Ibotta had a $5 bonus WYB 8 items. Since the cheese was already on my list, I decided to see what I else I could score. I first stopped at Dollar Tree for some juice for DH and grabbed some Ibotta items too



DT

1 x Sour Patch ice pops $1.00 (this started melting in my car, so I placed in freezer when I got home)
1 x Trolli sour candy 1.00
1 x Oreo minis 1.00 (DS already opened this...lol)
OOP $3.00

Walmart

1 x Sargento cheese $2.26
1 x Taco bell cheese 2.78
1 x Cheerios Cinnamon cereal 3.64 (Free after rebate)
1 x Pringles wavy 1.44 (Free after rebate)
1 x Oui yogurt 1.34
OOP $11.46

Total OOP $14.46

Earned back  $13.43 ($1.25 DT, $7.18 Walmart, $5 Bonus)

Total cost to me after rewards $1.03 for 8 items

I'm excited to try the Taco Bell habanero cheese, because we love heat. I love their Breakfast blend one, but Walmart doesn't carry that flavor.

I also decided to use $10 of my grocery budget to stockpile a few things. Sorry no pic. I didn't have the energy to get everything set up for pics. Is anyone else worn out from grocery shopping these days? I was out for 2 hours just shopping at 2 stores. I go to a different Walmart, since the closest ones have customers from an area where Covid19 cases are high. The layout at this Walmart is different from our local store, so I have to search for most things. Then when I get home, I don't allow anyone to touch the groceries. I unload everything, then wipe every item with Clorox wipes before packing it away. By the time that's done, I'm ready for a nap.

6 x Canned peas @44c each $2.64
4 x Canned black beans @ 58c each $2.62
3 x Canned pineapple @98c each $2.94
OOP $8.20



I'm a big fan of Dawn dishwashing liquid. I do use Palmolive when I can find it at a good price. So when I spotted these bonus bottles at DT, I grabbed 2. I knew that the price is much lower than the Dawn I buy at Sams.

90 oz Dawn = $9.88
6 x 16 oz Palmolive = $6 for 96 oz

I tried some Palmolive last night & love the light fragrance, so I'm gonna stock up whenever I find it at DT. The regular green Palmolive soap gives me severe sinus headaches, so I try not to buy that.


Let me tell y'a'll about my new favorite item. I'm a Bisquick girl. When I tried to find Bisquick at Walmart (shortly after lockdown started), the shelves were bare. All they had was some Great Value pancake mix, which I grabbed. This was the best 'buy whatever is available' item I've ever tried. I will admit that I'm a food snob. I've found that the Walmart brand tasted way better than Bisquick AND it costs way less too. So this is our new favorite pancake mix brand. I think it was around $1.32 (I have to check my receipt).

I still haven't been to the drugstores, cause there hasn't been any good deals. Well, CVS has a good ad, but I'm waiting on them to reissue all my expired EBs ($27).

6 comments:

  1. I only use Dawn as it works best for me and does not make my hands break out. If it broke my hands out, I would not care how good it was! I have been getting things I need when they are bogo. I was not really out of anything, but I bought a little bit of everything so I would not be caught short. I am continuing to buy instead of using things down to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have sensitive skin Linda, so I understand why you stick to Dawn.

      I've seen a huge dent in my stockpile, since we haven't shopped much since quarantine started. We're on week 9 of the Stay Home order. I'm slowly trying to build up my stockpile again.

      Delete
  2. Wow I love rebates wonder if I can get them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check your Ibotta account Kim! I know that offers can vary by user, but everyone seems to get the bonus offers. The bonus ends 5/25, so hurry.

      Delete
  3. I forgot that buying things at DT can qualify on Ibotta! I've got 1 more item to buy this week to get that essentials bonus too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sluggy! If you're buying Trolli, be sure to scan them. The ones that qualify had a different pic to the Ibotta one, so check the wording carefully.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...