Thursday, July 22, 2021

This week's drugstore shopping

I had to shop both CVS & WAGS this week, because I had rewards that were expiring. Well, just one WAGS reward, but my CVS EBs are all expiring this weekend. How did that happen? We're talking about a girl who shopped at CVS weekly. I think I'm just plain burned out from shopping & the pandemic. 



WAGS once again surprised us with some good items this week (the ad doesn't always look that great, until the new DQs are added on Sundays). I only had $5 RR expiring this week (I still have $25 expiring next week), so here's what I did.

Store 1 (DH's account)

5 x Old Spice b/w $30.00
Less Old Spice DQ (10.00)
Tax 1.80
OOP $21.80

Earned $21.30 WC ($5 WYS $25 on Old Spice, $8 WYS $25 Paper Booster, $4 WYS $20 Digital Booster, $4 When you make 3 purchases over $15. I'm thinking that one cancelled Tide order still counted towards the last reward). 

I could have used RRs, but I was afraid it would affect my Boosters. I really didn't want to lose out on $12 Boosters. 

Store 2 (my account)

5 x Old Spice b/w $30.00
Less OS DQ (10.00)
Less RR (5.00)
Tax 1.50
OOP $16.50

Earned $8.25 WC ($5 WYB $25 OS, $3 WYS $12 Digital Booster). 

The few odd cents are just 1% everyday points you earn on all purchases. 

I'll also submit the Old Spice & Tide receipts for a $15 PG rebate. 

As mentioned before, this is one of our favorite scents. I seriously think it's being discontinued, because not all WAGS locations carry it anymore. Meijer also doesn't carry it (Meijer usually has everything under the sun). Old Spice is also well known for constantly adding new scents/fragrances, so they end up discontinuing many of the old ones. This is why I'm stocking up whenever I can find a good sale. We also have $10/5 OS deodorant DQs, so I'm considering going back and getting the Captain deodorant too. I don't know why DH always gets better boosters than me, but I'll take whatever I can get. The RRs are Thankfully not tied to a specific account. 

WAGS also has a good sale on Softsoap this week, but I decided not to get any. We are currently swimming in Softsoap, so I'm saving my rewards/money instead. 




CVS

I needed a game plan. There weren't many good items giving EBs this week, so I had to make do with what I could.

2 x Herbal Essences $12.00
3 x Pantene 15.00
1 x Tide pods 4.94
2 x All detergent 5.98
3 x Schick razors 17.97
Less Herbal Essences DQ (4.00)
Less Pantene DQ (5.00)
Less 3/15 Hair care DQ (3.00)
Less Tide DQ (2.00)
Less All Q (1.50)
Less All DQ (1.50)
Less $2/2 All DQ (2.00)
Less Schick Q (3.00)
Less Schick DQ (3.00)
Less 3/12 Schick DQ (3.00)
Less EBs (23.00)
Tax 2.93
OOP $7.82

Earned $15.10 EB ($10 WYB $30 PG (1st 3 items above), $5 Schick, 10c see below)

Should earn another $4 Ibotta (Schick) and $3 Beauty)

I just noticed that my $2/12 Pantene DQ didn't apply. This is why my total was a bit higher. The Schick IP Q said "limited reached" after printing just one q, and I didn't have time to kick DH off his computer to print another Q.  Oh well. I'm just happy to have rolled those EBs. Lisa, I always think of you when I buy the Pantene spray, because I know you like it too :)

Well it looks like CVS now gives your 2% after every transaction, instead of quarterly. This is just silly, because it's a waste of paper to print a 10c EB. Oy vey!

I don't need more detergent, but the All was $1.00 for 2 bottles after coupons. Can't beat that price!

I also received a $8/40 Q. CVS trying to lure me back in. We shall see. 

Total OOP : $46.12
Total rewards earned : $51.65
Total rewards used : $28.00
Total Qs used : $48.00
Retail value : $155.59

I still need to submit my receipts to Fetch & PG. I wish PG would add new GCs, because I have enough points to redeem for $15 GCs. 

Please excuse the one poor pic. My camera needs to be replaced, because the focus doesn't work well anymore. Yet another expense. I'm over spending money. 

I wrote another post about stockpiling and shopping, but I'll post it separately. This post is already too long. 

4 comments:

  1. You certainly spent little money and brought lots home. Old Spice anything is not a favorite of mine. I like just soap scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. My dad always used Old Spice when I was a kid & I remember him always smelling so good. Now DS (who is so much like my dad) uses it too.

      Delete
  2. I love to see how you work the system.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...