I'm still here. Thank you to Lori & Teresa for checking up on me. I really appreciate it. I'm currently in the middle of a legal battle with the ex. This is something that could have been avoided, so I'm really mad about it. It's costing me a lot of money right now. We all know that lawyers don't come cheap. I have to deal with 2 different types of lawyers. Next week is my week for lawyers appointments.
I also have an appointment with my realtor to go view a house tomorrow. The house is really nice & fairly new. Again, over my budget and has a sink in the middle of the kitchen, but at this point, I'm just ready to move. Actually, I'm more than ready to move. I really like this house. It's not far from here and everything is modern, but I just don't have peace about it. My gut is saying no, but I'm determined to go check out that house...lol Oh boy. The housing market is heating up, but the ones I usually like are over budget. I'm willing to pay a little bit more (not too much) if I find the right house though.
On top of that, the washer's not working right. Ugh! We haven't even had this thing for 2 years. The previous one (a GE. Do yourself a favor & stay away from this brand) didn't even last 3 months. So we bought a Speed Queen that has worked great, but won't rinse now. I've done some research, the ex checked for ways to fix it and I'm coming up with the same answer - the filter needs to be cleaned (I've seen several people mention this. Looks like it's a common problem with the newer washers - different brands) He said he already did that and a tech is bringing a new valve next week. So I've been washing a load, then haul it upstairs to rinse in the bathtub (I tried filling the washer with water, but it won't hold), then haul everything downstairs to spin. I'm buying myself a non-digital washer when I move. I seriously don't want this headache again. All the newer digital things don't work. We actually have a digital LG dryer (probably 6-8 years old) that still works great. It seems that the newer pandemic stuff is the problem. If anyone has a newer washer that works great, please let me know the brand & model in the comments. I just need to find something that works well. TIA.
So, I'm in the middle of packing and it made me realise that I don't need any more clothes. I filled 3 of those 27 gallon containers with just clothes from my spare closet. That is just crazy! That's just clothes. I haven't even packed any of my shoes yet & there's a lot. I just left some clothes in both closets for use now. It's actually enough clothes to fill a normal person's closet, but it feels so empty to me. Oh boy! I need to buy more containers soon. I actually like packing this way. I just lift all the clothes (hangers & all) and small piles in half. Then place inside large trash bags (in case something spills or gets wet), then into the container. When I have to unpack, I can just pull our a bag at a time and hang. Easy peasy. I've been dropping off bags of stuff at the recycling bins every week (it's closer than driving to the thrift store and I can go at any time). The thrifts are getting lots of my designer purses and clothes.
As I was cleaning out my closet, I found a brand new bottle of my favorite perfume. I have completely forgotten about it. I've been using designer perfume since I started high school. When Target had a big sale on it (holiday season before the pandemic), I bought 2. I'm still using the other one, but forgot that I had this one. I was really surprised to see it at Target, because it's only ever been available at the high end department stores. Then they changed the fragrance name and I got a new bottle at Macy's about 2 years ago. Then the new fragrance was discontinued too and I was so happy that I scored my bottle. Now I'm even happier, because I now have 2 (3.4 oz) bottles. I've been using this fragrance for about 25 years and was sad to learn that it's discontinued.
You'd think I can take a break from shopping, but stores keep sending me more & more rewards. How the heck am I supposed to say no. I received 3 Half Birthday rewards this week. I've never heard of such a thing, but I'll take the free money. Happy half birthday to me...lol Here's what I got
- WHBM - $50 Bday reward
- Soma - $5 Bday reward - too little to use, since I don't get free shipping
- Madewell - $15 Bday reward
- Kohls - $5 monthly KC
- I purchased a new Sam's membership for $10 during their 40th birthday celebrations. The ex is the main member on our old membership, so I couldn't switch it to my name. This couldn't have happened at a better time, cause our old membership expires at the end of the month.
- My CC sent me a $10 credit offer if I switch to digital statements. I might take them up on that offer, except I'm not good at remembering to print digital statements. It's so much easier for me to just open snail mail and file my statements.
- I'm on a drugstore hiatus, but did a Wags run last week. They sent me a $20 WYS $40 booster and I had a $7 WYS $25 makeup booster. Say no more, cause I needed new nail polish. I always paint my toenails during summer. I bought 2 Dove b/w, 4 Loreal lipsticks, 4 S Hansen nail polish, 1 Loreal cleanser. Paid $30.xx OOP and earned $27 rewards.
- The day after I spent my $18 BC, RA sent me a $8/40 Q. Then today I saw that I have $5 BC again from the monthly challenges. So much for taking a drugstore break.
- Visited the dentist on Tuesday and they told me that my teeth are super clean. Yay! My cleaning didn't even take much time, but I spent an hour at the dentist office. The guy who did the x-rays didn't know how to do his job. Sigh. Then I had to wait a long time for the dentist to come talk to me. Then came the bad news. I need a filling for the small cavity I have. That's going to cost over $200. I know that I need the filling. My teeth are sensitive to cold, so I can feel a sting whenever something cold hits that tooth. I told them I'll call for an appointment, because I have so much going on now & here's just another expense. I'm just gonna go pick some $$$ from that money tree in the backyard.
- Ordered a Wayfair gc with my CC points. They haven't had any good discounted gcs in a while, but when I checked this morning there was a whole bunch of them at 10% off. However, the Wayfair was 15% off and I need a few furniture items from them. So I ordered the gc and combined with those Wags MM ones I bought last year, I now have enough to pay for the vanity I have my eye on. I'm not crazy about the knobs/handles, but that can easily be replaced. I'm not getting the vanity for makeup. I mainly want it for the drawers (storage) & mirror. I'm not crazy about a dresser and I don't like a chest of drawers.