Wednesday, December 13, 2023

T minus how many days?

I can't believe  Christmas will be here in 12 days (or fewer if you start celebrating on Christmas eve) and I still don't have my ducks in a row. Totally unheard of for me. 

  • Is it just me or has anyone experienced delays with orders this year? Things I ordered 2 weeks ago, either still haven't shipped or is only being shipped now. Don't retailers know that it's Christmas? Who wants to receive their gifts After Christmas? Oy vey. Talk about stressing a girl out. 

  • Many of my orders have arrived. One store (can't mention here yet) went above & beyond. I ordered on Sunday and it arrived today. After checking everything, I noticed that it was missing one of DS's gifts. Noooooo! The box had a hole on the side and I assumed the item either fell out or just wasn't shipped. So I logged into my account, started Live Chat. As I'm waiting, I noticed that the order showed multiple packages were shipped. Turns out the item is still in transit. 🤦😂 Thank goodness I was still waiting for a CS rep. That would've been embarrassing 😂 Can y'all see how messed up I am? 

    Well, I was happy that BF's items arrived in perfect condition. I at least know of one gift he will like. I don't know about the rest. I'm a mess. I keep second guessing myself. Did I get him enough gifts? Is it too much? Is he going to like it? What if he doesn't like it? 

  • I need to talk to BF so we can finalize our Christmas plans. What I need to bring. Do I need to cook? Bake? I don't like to shop the week before any holiday, because the stores are crazy. Well, I am going to bake, but do I need to bring cookies? For how many? 

  • I need to get up early tomorrow and run some last minute errands.  How did I forget to buy Christmas cards for school? I like to place a gc inside a card and add some candy or nuts to their gifts. I need to buy BF's card too. I didn't forget about his one though.  I need to redeem rewards and get the candy too.

    Sluggy please help! I have RA rewards expiring tomorrow (12/14). Can I still use it tomorrow or does it expire the day before (like some stores do?)
  • DS is still home. He had a setback and I know what caused it, but it seems to be healing well again. So I'm still taking care of him full time. We have another Dr appointment on Monday and I hope it all goes well and that he'll be healed in time for Christmas. I'm determined to spend Christmas with BF. We already missed out on our birthdays and I'm not going to let anything or anyone ruin our Christmas. Besides, I have all these gifts for him. Boy, I'm mad at the school all over again now and DS is upset that he's been stuck with an injury for so long. My poor baby. This too shall pass. 


  • Well the weight loss is the only thing that's been going well. I'm off my usual schedule, so I'm not eating like I used to, especially when I take DS out for a drive. Yesterday, we got stuck in school & work traffic on our way home and only had 'lunch' at 4pm. That means I'm too full to have dinner. I'm not complaining about skipping dinner, cause I'm seeing lower numbers on the scale every day. Yay!

I'm ready to start wrapping gifts, but I need to wait until I have everything. That way I can see exactly what I have and if I need anything else. I have everything packed in 2 big boxes, so I don't forget anything. There's been years where I hid some gifts from DS so well, that I couldn't remember where I hid them, when it was time to wrap 😂 

I crunched the numbers and I'm still under budget. Phew! Thank goodness, because I had to make several changes due to some gifts not being delivered, arrived damaged or were just not up to par. I'm thankful that I save up for Christmas. I can now start saving for next year again, since I'm practically done shopping. 

Happy shopping & wrapping peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I’m sorry your son has had a setback. That stinks! I’ve noticed that companies seem to be waiting a while before they slip stuff too, unfortunately. Maybe they are short staffed? Not sure about that, but that stinks too. On a good note, woo! Hoo! On your weight loss. It’s the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! Yes, I'm guessing delays are due to staff shortages. I do a happy dance after my daily weigh in. I haven't been my current weight in years. Hopefully, I'll be able to comfortably fit into my old skinny jeans again by Christmas. 10 more lbs to go. I can do this!

      Delete
  2. Well I'm not much help since I haven't stepped foot in a Rite-Aid in over a year not but the RA Rewards expire at the end of business on the date printed on them, so if it's 12/14, you have until the store closes on that date to use them(or use them online). HTH and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy! I redeemed every single penny, cause I lost about over $30 recently, without realizing it. I'm taking a break from RA until next year.

      Delete
  3. I still have a bit of baking to accomplish, but nothing that can not be done in a day or three. We have an appointment with our finance person the middle of next week and I would like to have all done by then.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have things wrapped up before the holidays too. It gives me peace of mind. I take one full day to do all my baking. I just plug in my playlist and spend the whole day in the kitchen by my lonesome. I don't want any interruptions, cause I'm usually doing at least 3 things at once...lol Baking is a science, so I like to stay focused.

      Delete
  4. I don't have much to wrap and nothing to bake, even though I will bake a pumpkin pie and maybe one candy. I had an antique dining table in my huge sewing room that was for wrapping. It held everything I needed to wrap. I usually wrapped things as I got them, writing the name on the back in pencil. Then I did all the bows at once. I had it all organized and in place with no need to clean off the table to eat or write. It was a wonderful place for wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin pie sounds like a good plan Linda! I love pumpkin pie! I like to wrap everything at once. I can see what I have for each person and don't have to haul out wrapping supplies every time. I need to check what I have for their stockings too. I already know that one item won't fit, cause it's too big. Uh oh...lol

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...