Friday, December 8, 2023

Things are finally coming together

Oy, it's been a rough week, but things are finally looking up. I only had one good night's sleep this week & it's only because I knocked myself out for the night. I should try that again tonight, cause I was awake for hours last night. 

Thank you everyone for the stocking stuffer suggestions. I have used some of those ideas. 

We had lovely sunshine this week, so I took DS out for a drive every day. We both enjoyed just getting out again. He's healing nicely and it looks like he might go back to school next week. Fingers crossed. 

Today was another busy day, but productive. I hit several stores to do grocery & other shopping. I picked up 2 more gifts for BF & one for DS. That replacement gift I worked on for BF till 11pm the other day, shipped within 2 days. Happy dance! 💃 I was so pleased with it that I ordered more gifts from the same place for both him & DS. I was really worried about this item, because I'm trying to create something special for us. I don't want to say too much, because it's supposed to be a surprise. And in typical Ms G fashion, that coming in under budget is no longer working 😂 I'm holding off on crunching the numbers again, but I'm pretty sure I'm still under budget. 

I'm just crossing things off my list now. I'm just waiting on things to be delivered now. I seriously don't know why I panicked. It's not my nature. I normally just take a deep breath, then figure out how to tackle the problem and execute it. Easy peasy. That's what I did. An hour or 2 every day to order things and voila! Shopping's almost done. 

DS wanted burgers & fries last night, so that's what he got. I only had some fries, cause I'm still on this weight loss kick. I mean, I lost 1.2 lbs the day before. No way was I going to mess that up with a burger. I just added some fries to my leftovers dinner. 

I skipped carry out for him tonight, because he already had burgers last night. I bought a rotisserie chicken at Sams and added that and veggie/salad fixings to a sub roll with leftover fries. Dinner's done and the chicken only cost $5. That will give us at least 3 meals. Maybe 4. Far better than fast food. I did buy him some discounted fast food gcs, but we don't have to use it every week. I've read many stories lately about how expensive fast food has become. A McCrappels (aka McDonalds) meal for $15! I would never! I've only eaten McC twice in my life & hated it both times. When they first opened in SA and then once when we were out in a small town & McC was the only fast food place. I didn't even finish that chicken sandwich I ordered. Yuck!

Retailers must be struggling real bad. Everybody and their mother keep sending me rewards. I only cash in the ones that offer free shipping. I'm not going to pay shipping for things I don't need. 

My WHBM sheath dress arrived and I'm over the moon. That dress fits perfectly and even makes my butt look good (I have a big butt) 😂 I thought "this dress was worth every penny of  that $1.05' 😂 If I had to pay the $55 sale price, I would still have felt this way. That's how happy I am with this dress. 

Here's a good Target deal if you need laundry products (ends tomorrow 12/9) Spend $50 on select PG items, earn $15 gc. There's also a $15 PG rebate on select items and it includes the Target cleaning products. Not a double dip, but triple because Ibotta has a $5 Downy Unstoppables offer (limit 1). Here's what I did

2 x Downy $31.98

1 x 24 oz Bounce sheets 9.99

1 x  92 oz Tide 12.99

Less Downy DQ (2.00)

Less Bounce DQ (2.00)

Less Tide DQ (2.00)

Tax 2.40

OOP 51.36 Paid with a gc 

Earned $15 Target gc + $15 PG rebate + $5 Ibotta + 5.13 (I bought the discounted gcs, so saved an extra 10% on this order). Submit for 200 PG points and Fetch

Total earned : $40.13

I needed the dryer sheets, that's why I decided to do this deal (After all discounts and rewards, the entire order costs the same price as I would have paid for just the dryer sheets). Then I spotted the Downy deal this morning and the limit was 5. So I decided to buy 2. When I submitted my receipt, the limit said 1. WTH Ibotta?!  I hate when they change or pull deals while you are shopping. I would've bought more Tide instead. I placed that $15 gc into my savings jar for next Christmas. I'm trying something new. More on that next time.  I'm adding one of last month's Old Spice receipts to get my total over $50 for the PG rebate. 

I also cashed in some of my coins for an Amazon gc and need to order another gift as soon as I'm done here. Then I'm doing an early night again. I prefer to go to bed early and get up early. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!


8 comments:

  1. I am glad the dress worked for your butt. That is always a thrill.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I'm a curvy girl & I'm very self conscious of how my behind look in some things. I cover it up if I feel it doesn't look good.

      Delete
  2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your son to be able to return to school next week! We definitely do not eat at McDonalds these days either, it's not good for you at all! And I've also heard the cost is really nigh now too. Another good reason to eat at home. I'm with you on getting to bed early and getting up early, that is when I'm at my best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda. He's still home, but doing better. Home cooked meals are definitely better than fast food. Not gonna lie, I do enjoy some fast food, especially CFA (I love that place), but I try to limit how much junk we eat. I've always been an early bird. I feel like I can accomplish more if I get up early.

      Delete
  3. Laughed at the "big butt" comment. After I gave birth to our oldest, I took him in to the doctor's for the 6 week check up. Dr. K patted my butt and said that I was getting pretty big.... I looked at him and said I always had a rather large derriere. He looked shocked and told me that most women he knew that had given birth blamed the baby. Silly women.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... thanks for the laughs Jackie! I'm with you! I was born with a big bottom, so there's no blaming it on the baby.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad things are finally coming together for you. I still can't wrap my head around Christmas being less than two weeks away. I feel like we just celebrated Halloween. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! It's crazy how fast this year flew by. Less than 3 weeks left. I'm in panic mode!...lol.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...