Monday, March 16, 2020

CVS tripping before my shopping break

Yesterday I decided to head to Meijer & CVS to pick up newspapers and roll EBs. The Qs were good  and CVS has lots of good deals this week.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how empty Meijer was when I got there at 5pm. I figured everyone and their mother would hit the store early. The best part is, there were more than enough groceries to choose from. Only the bread and other in-demand items like bleach, wipes and hand soap (this still baffles me. I'm just wondering if people never washed their hands before...smh) were sold out. I even found frozen broccoli. So I bought a few more supplies in case our state decides to go on lockdown. 2 Neighboring states have already closed down restaurants, bars etc, and this morning the same was announced here.

DH went to Aldi on Saturday and said it looked like the store was going out of business. Maybe now he knows to listen to me when it comes to stockpiling, because he now saw the craziness with his own eyes.

I earned a $9 Beauty and $2 Epic Beauty Qs that printed yesterday. I know my Epic Beauty amount is wrong, because it's supposed to be 10% of your purchases during 2 weeks in February and I bought way more than $20 worth of items.




CVS

2 x Kinder candy 2.22
2 x Garnier Treats shampoo/conditioner 12.00
2 x Speedstick deodorant 5.98
3 x Irish Spring b/w 11.97
3 x Schick razors 20.97
2 x Oral b t/b 5.98
2 x Maybelline eyeshadow 8.38
2 x Nexxus shampoo 31.98
1 x Tostitos queso 3.99
Less BOGOF Garnier q (6.00)
Less Garnier DQ (4.00)
Less 2 Schick qs (8.00)
Less Schick DQ (4.00)
Less Schick App Q (2.00)
Less Crest DQ (3.00)
Less 2 x Speedstick qs (1.00)
Less Deodorant App q (1.00)
Less Speedstick DQ (1.00)
Less 2 Irish Spring qs (1.50)
Less Irish Spring CRT (2.00)
Less 2 Nexxus qs (10.00)
Less 3/15 Haircare CRT (3.00)
Less 3/12 Shave (3.00)
Less Maybelline CRT (3.00)
Less 2/8 Bodywash CRT (2.00)
Less EBS (46.00)
Total $2.97
Tax 4.72
OOP $7.69

Earned $34 EBS ($1 Kinder, $3 Speed Stick, $5 Irish Spring, $10 Nexxus, $5 Schick, $3 Oral B, $7 Maybelline)

I should earn another $6 Beauty Rewards. I know that razors & deodorant don't count towards beauty, so I'm hoping for at least $6.

Coupons used : $54.50
Rewards used : $46.00
Rewards earned : $34
Total saved : $119.64 (98%)

When the register total showed $106, I about had a sense of humor failure. I know that anything can go wrong with digital qs, so it's always nerve racking having such a high total and watching it go down. I heaved a huge sigh of relief when my total was so low, because I did not want to fork over $20 again.

I actually had a $1/2 candy CRT, but I didn't take it to the store with me as I wasn't planning on buying candy. I also thought that I had a 75c Irish Spring DQ, but that's actually on my WAGS account...lol (the joy of shopping all 3 drugstores)

My EBs are good for a month, so I'm taking a shopping break. We don't need anything and I'm not taking any chances running to stores and risk getting infected.

Stay healthy & safe everyone!


2 comments:

  1. You should be fine with all your stockpile, you might just become really popular with your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbors all pretty much keep to themselves, so they're all SOL Kim...lol I would gladly have helped any one of them, had they bothered to make time to get to know me, all the years I've lived here.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...