Monday, February 6, 2023

Menu Plan Monday 2/5/23


I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm back to waking up extra early again. I stay in bed hoping to fall asleep again, but end up tossing & turning for hours. I don't know why I bother. I should just get up early, then take a nap later in the day or go to bed early.

It was a crazy, productive Sunday with cooking & laundry. I'm glad the cooking is done, cause I was worn out from it. Had an early night & slept well. Here's our menu for the week: 

Monday : Pesto chicken casserole, mashed potatoes, veggies

Tuesday : Quiche & salad

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Burgers & fries for DS, something from the freezer for me. 

Lots of fresh fruit & veggies available. Same with salad fixings. 

Breakfast : Jumbo carrot ginger muffins, breakfast burritos, cereal, omelets, bagels. Pick your breakfast 

Lunch : Dinner leftovers or frikkadel/chicken breast with salad

I made a double batch of frikkadel. It was so good and I realised that I'm getting a good amount of protein & iron from the ground beef. I'm taking a break from my beef stir fry, because the stir fry sauce gives me heartburn sometimes. I think I'll make it once a month, so I can eat it for a week. 

I also sautéed mushrooms, garlic & parsley for our omelets. The rest of the veggies are diced and frozen, so we just need to cook the omelets. I like to make it fresh. 

I'm taking a page out of Jackie's book & just using up what we have. I'm eating from the freezer every Friday & Sunday. Last week it was pizza & salad. I've decided not to cook on Fridays, because there's lots of food in the freezer that needs to be eaten. No cooking & no money spent. I call that a win!

Yesterday I made milkshakes with ice cream I bought over summer. I like to add frozen fruit to help me feel less guilty about the sugars. Hey, whatever works...lol. I added freezer strawberries, banana and blueberries. I definitely tasted less sugar. It was so good. I'll make more milkshakes this coming weekend.

It's been a crazy day. Time goes by way too fast. I made a run to the stores. Well, I was supposed to go to Wags to use that last 2 RRs that expire today. I made my shopping list, worked out Wags deals and then checked my wallet for the RRs. Huh? No RRs. I switched purses & wallets last Friday, so I figured it was still in the old purse. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Searched my desk too and eventually gave up.Those suckers will turn up when I least expect it. $8 down the drain. 

I made a quick Aldi run for bread & a few produce items. Left the store $25 later. Ouch! I especially didn't go over the weekend, because I knew that DS would want all kinds of Brioche products. Well, I ended up coming home with brioche buns for him....lol. I'm such a sucker...lol. Good thing they didn't have the chocolate bread. I'll buy some before the mid-winter break, so he can have french toast. It's so good! Stopped at RA for 2 more bonus gcs and earned $16.

I'll post the muffin recipes tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm in no mood for running around this week. I'm staying home to get things done. 

Have a great day peeps!

6 comments:

  1. Here I thought I had managed to get to the bottom of the fridge freezer. I moved a box of samosa's and found more packaged meat..... I will get there eventually. I am trying to use at least two things from the fridge freezer and one or two of the older prepared meals from the cheat freezer every week this month.

    Your meals sound fabulous. Looking forward to the muffin recipes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! You've inspired me to do better with eating down freezer food and using up other things we have. Samosas don't last long enough to make it to my freezer...lol. I love that stuff.

      Delete
  2. Yum, that all sounds so good. Especially the chocolate bread. We’ve been using up what we had in our freezer too. It definitely helps us save money. And I like the no cooking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! You have to try the Brioche chocolate bread at Aldi. It's delicious and makes the best french toast. I'm loving not having to shop much, due to eating from the freezer.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...