Monday, March 6, 2023

Meal Plan Monday 03/06/23

Hi everyone

I'm so thankful for my Sunday cooking, because it's been a busy day so far. I ran some errands and stopped at Meijer for some odds & ends. I cashed in 3 bags of pop cans to the tune of $20.40. Paid $17.01 OOP and earned $2.50 Ibotta for Breakstone doubles. DS loves it. Do you see how I'm trying all kinds of things to keep my grocery budget low this month? I didn't even stop at Wags for a double dip Dove deal. I have points to pay for it, but I don't need any more Dove. On to the meal plan.

Monday : Slow cooker spaghetti & meatballs, big salad

Tuesday : Chicken pot pie, salad, veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Mexican food or pizza from the freezer

Dessert : Haagen Dasz ice cream. I bought a box last time I was at Sams and it is oh so good!

Lunch : Something from the freezer (chicken, frikkadel, burritos) with salad

Breakfast : Pineapple carrot muffins, french toast (we need to finish that chocolate brioche bread), eggs/omelets, cereal, toast

There's always a variety of fresh fruit & veggies available. Same with yogurt.

The Italians might cringe, but I add the pasta to the slow cooker just before everything's fully cooked. I figured the pots already warm, so why waste more gas by cooking the pasta on the stove. 

I like to buy ready rolled pie crusts at Aldi, but I've found the last few ones have broken in half in the freezer (could be because I remove it from the box before placing in freezer). I pulled out a whole one yesterday, but it was all soggy by the time it thawed. Yuck! Has anyone else had this problem with Aldi pie crust? I just bought Pillsbury ones at Meijer. It costs twice as much, but I didn't want to make a special stop at Aldi just to save $2. My time is more valuable than that. I'll use the leftover pie filling to make individual pies for DS.

I'm now wondering if I can have my dessert early. Nobody will know if I eat my ice cream now....lol. I've got ice cream on my mind :)

Have a wonderful week peeps!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I did! Then I wondered if I could have another after dinner since nobody knew I already had one...lol

      Delete
  2. Great menus and a great way of making sure all is eaten. I am now hungry so perhaps it is time for a muffin and cup of tea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I love your 'use it up' theme. It's working wonders for my wallet :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a good idea to add pasta to the spaghetti in the pot. That way, there is no draining. I am sick and want ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get well soon Linda. That pot is huge!

      Delete
  4. It has been such a long time since I made a chicken pot pie. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to do that while it's still a bit cold. I haven't bought pie crust so can't help you on that one. No one will know...l hope you ate the ice cream. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eat the ice cream & it was so good. It doesn't help that I bought a 15 ct box...lol. I love to make comfort food when it's cold. I'm planning on a slow cooker 'pot' roast next week.

      Delete
  5. Your meals sound really good. I tried a new beef/broccoli noodle dish that had been on my menu for weeks, but somehow never made. It was good, and pretty customizable for all our taste/dietary limitations, which was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HP. You beef recipe sounds delicious! I have to try it sometime.

      Delete
  6. I take the Aldi pie crusts out of the pack, then reseal using the food saver before I freeze them. It works wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne! I need to invest in a food saver. I love the Aldi pie crust. They taste so good.

      Delete
  7. Yes! Invest in a vacuum sealer. I use mine all the time. Yesterday I thinly sliced a cooked turkey breast and then sealed the slices for the freezer. While not as thin as deli turkey, it will work ok in cobb salad and lettuce wraps. I flash freeze items like chicken pieces and seal them for longer storage without freezer burn. Sam's has had Food Savers for good prices. You can also vacuum seal jars, so get the jar sealer kit too.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...