Monday, March 13, 2023

Meal Plan Monday 03/13/23

PSA - Kohls has extra 50% off clearance until 03/19/23. 

Well, I cooked like it's nobody's business yesterday & was exhausted by bedtime. Here's our plan for the week.


Monday : Slow cooker roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, beetroot salad

Tuesday : Pesto chicken casserole, salad, veggies

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : Same as Tuesday

Friday : Something from the freezer. There's quite a few things, so just pick your meal & add a salad. I know it's St Patty's day, but I'm not cooking. I might make some green milkshakes or green beer. 

Lunch : Leftovers or something from the freezer + salad

Breakfasts : Bran apple muffins, apple pancakes, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, toast. Pick your breakfast

There's always lots of fresh fruit, veggies and salad fixings available. 

I was too tired to fry frikkadel yesterday, so I mixed all the ingredients, placed it into a casserole dish & baked it in the oven. Easy peasy. Doesn't quite have that frikkadel taste to me (fried taste), but the flavor's still good. 

I also made a pot of applesauce, since I bought a big bag of apples at the produce market. 

I'm craving chocolate, caramel & fresh cream cake for dessert. It doesn't help that I have all the ingredients. I'm really tempted to bake one, but I know we're gonna be stuck eating it until it's done, since there's just 2 of us. Our cakes in SA are always topped with fresh cream (in fact it's called fresh cream cakes), so that is what I prefer. Buttercream is used too, but fresh cream is the preferred topping. I still ask for whipping cream when I order custom cakes at Sams. 

I've decided to return my slow cooker. The lid doesn't seal, so there's constant water spewing out of the pot, which leaves a huge mess. The pot also doesn't retain moisture due to this, so my beef is a little on the dry side. We're just slapping lots of gravy & beetroot onto the beef...lol. I'm upset though, cause I normally make melt in the mouth beef. I have to look for a new slow cooker. Recommendations are welcomed.

Have a great week peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello~ I spent a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday also. When the alarm went off this morning at 4:30am I was NOT ready to get up. I wish they would stop playing with the clocks. It's going to be a long week. Your meals all sound awesome! I'm making beef tacos tonight which we haven't had in forever! Can't help you on the crock pot other than mine is a 'Crock Pot' brand. 7 quart. I don't use it often but when I do it seems to do a good job. Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I felt the same way yesterday. Morning arrived all too soon. I'm just going to bed early every night until my body can adjust to the new time. Nobody benefits from this clock changing nonsense, so they should just scrap it. Beef tacos sounds delicious! It's one of DS's favorite meals, so I might make tacos for him & nachos for me . I already have cooked beef taco meat & chicken fajitas in the freezer. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. No recommendation on the slow cooker. Mine is a very old one and I think is a Hamilton Beach. Works good enough for me.

    Your meals sound really good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. That is a Hamilton Beach I just returned. I've used this brand over the years. I'm thinking it's just the cheap junk that they are manufacturing lately, that don't work right.

      Delete
  3. Yum, your meals sound delicious. I don’t have a recommendation on a good crock pot for you, but hopefully someone will. I don’t like to make a big cake here either because it is too much for two people to eat and I don’t want to waste it. Yours sound delicious with the cream though. 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I would gladly bake all kinds of cakes & treats if there were people to eat it or if I could freeze some of it. Baking is something I enjoy doing. I need my chocolate cake fix though...lol.

      Delete
  4. Whipped cream on a cake sounds wonderful! My Crockpot brand slow cooker does not seal. But, it does not spew liquid or dry out meat. There is one Crockpot brand that does seal the lid. I own it but have never used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try cake with whipped cream Linda. It's so good! I'm just going to buy an El cheapo crockpot. I just need something that works, because I mainly use my Ninja Foodi (all in one instant pot/fryer/steamer).

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...