Monday, August 7, 2023

Menu Plan Monday 08/07/23

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm still here plugging along. 

I've been craving falafel for months, but could never find the Brownberry pita pockets that I like to use for this. I guess it's been discontinued, because I checked several stores. However, I decided to try Aldi mini naan bread & that worked perfectly. I can use that naan with curry too when I don't feel like making roti (roti is a lot of work). So here's what I made last week. 



Nekkid falafel


Here's what DS ate. Mini garlic naan topped with tzatziki sauce, salad greens (I didn't have any lettuce) & tomatoes


My plate, because I'm trying to lose weight. The tzatziki sauce works well as a salad dressing too, so that's what I did. You'll notice that I eat a big salad. I do this to fill up so I don't get hungry again after dinner. This girl likes to eat 😂 I've gone back to my South African way of eating smaller potions. American servings are twice the size of SA ones, so it's easy for me to go back to my old ways (I'm not judging Americans). On a good day, I lose 0.6 - 0.8 lbs per day. I do eat carbs - bread (I don't deprive myself), that's mainly for breakfast & sometimes lunch. I just limit the amount of carbs I eat. I eat a big nutritious breakfast, because I work out in the morning. So far, it's working for me...until weekend 😂 I need a weekend intervention, because I eat junk and don't feel like exercising. 

What's for dinner this week? 

Monday : Ravioli with meat sauce, cheesy garlic ciabatta bread, salad
Tuesday : Andouille sausage & cabbage stir fry with mashed potatoes
Wednesday : Same as Monday
Thursday : Same as Tuesday
Friday : Leftovers for me. Carry out for DS
Weekend - dinner out

There's always a variety of fruit, veggies & salad fixings available

Breakfasts : Breakfast burritos, omelets, breakfast sausage, bacon, bagels, lemon blueberry muffins, cereal. Pick your own breakfast. Everything's cooked/baked. We can just pull some things from the freezer to heat & eat. I love this kind of cooking/eating. 

Lunch : BBQ chicken breast with salad or leftovers. 

I made meat sauce to add more protein & iron to our meal. My sauce is always loaded with veggies, so we get lots of good stuff into our bodies. 

I'm really in the mood to bake. Besides muffins, I haven't baked since last winter. I'm just in the mood to make something decadent. 

I'm pretty sure I posted the falafel recipe before, but feel free to ask if anyone would like the recipe again.

Have a great week peeps!

7 comments:

  1. I love falafel and haven't made it in a long time. I think I need to do that. Your meals all sound so good. I like grab and go, fend for yourself breakfast also. I go to work too early in the morning to have to deal with that. Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I don't like to cook first thing in the morning - not unless it's dinner items I want to get taken care of. Now if my coffee can just brew itself, my world would be right side up...lol

      Delete
  2. I think maybe Americans could use smaller portions! Would you say generally that SAs are less obese than Americans? Or, do they find a way other than large portions to gain weight? Right now, Tommy is chopping and cooking ground beef to put in spaghetti sauce which I am just dying to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's definitely less obesity in SA. Many Europeans also eat smaller portions. However, obesity can sometimes be due to genetics too. I should probably write a post about our eating habits. Hope you enjoyed your spaghetti Linda. You're lucky to have Tommy help you with cooking.

      Delete
  3. Pita and falafel are my favorites.
    To lose weight one should equally pay attention to eating and elimination. As simple as that. Bowel work once a day is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Duta, but I don't count calories. My lifestyle here is the complete opposite of what it was before, which resulted in my weight gain.

      Delete
  4. Such lovely meals. Portion control is the way to go with weight loss.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...