Friday, August 25, 2023

This week's drugstore shopping

Hi everyone

Just a few shopping deals I did.



The above is last week's RA deal. I feel like I need to shop RA every week, because I always have rewards expiring. I don't want to waste any rewards, so I'm trying to roll it into new rewards by purchasing things we might use

2 x $50 GC $100.00

2 x Listerine 21.98

1 x Listerine 8.69

1 x Revlon mascara 12.99

Less Listerine DQ (1.00)

Less 7/35 CAT (7.00)

Tax 2.20

Less BC (46.28)

OOP $91.58

Earned $28 BC ($12 Listerine $16 GC) + $13.50 BC Challenge ($10 for 4 visits, $3.50 Listerine) + submitted for $10 Listerine rebate

Total earned $51.50

As I was leaving, I noticed that there's no Revlon lipstick on my receipt. Well, the lipstick got stuck under the payment screen, so cashier missed it. So I returned the mascara, but only received $10.90 + tax credit because the 7/35 Q applied to it. Then the cashier rang the 2 Revlon items, but it didn't ring as B1G50% off. So she went to the shelf and the sign said it's for face and lip items only. So I just left the Revlon. I added it to use the 7/35 and complete my BC Challenge plus there's Ibotta rebate on it. Good thing too, cause Revlon is B1G75% off next week. 

And whoo-hoo for paying a reduced price for my gcs again, thanks to Qs.🥳




This week at RA

2 x Tide $39.98
1 x Gain detergent 10.99
1 x Gain softener 10.99
1 x Downy 5.49
Less Tide DQ (4.00)
Less Tide mailer Q (2.00)
Less Gain DQ (2.00)
Less Gain DQ (2.00)
Less Downy DQ (1.00)
Less 7/35 CAT (7.00)
Tax 3.39
OOP $52.84 - Paid with BC

Earned $20 BC ($10 WYB $30 P&G - limit 2) + $12.50 BC Challenge ($7.50 Tide, $5 Gain) + $2 BC (you earn everyday points on your purchases and mine is set to automatically convert to BC once I've earned enough points) + Submitted for $10 Tide P&G rebate and scanned for P&G points
Total earned : $44.50

This was the mother of all Tide deals. Meijer has the same size Tide on sale for $15.99 next week and Kroger for $10.99. I scored Tide and Gain for a whopping $8.34 after rewards!! I only added the Downy, because you had to purchase Tide + Downy/Bounce to qualify for the rebate. 

I tell ya, I'm loving RA these days. I don't have to spend any money OOP and I get to pick up things we need/use. The only OOP I spent was on gcs. I've earned a total of $158 BC to date, just for purchasing gcs (plus another 3% from my CC). So that's a FREE $158!! Why not take the free money for gcs we will definitely use. Plus I paid less OOP for some of those gcs thanks to coupons! Some of that BC has been turned into Ibotta deals and then I used the Ibotta earnings to shop at Sams, so more free groceries. Okay, this might all be confusing to some of you, but there's Method to my madness 😂



Then it was time for my favorite (sarcasm) store. Surprisingly, this week went well at Wags (no aggravation. Phew!). I had a bunch of RRs that were expiring and the deals didn't look to good. 

Trans 1

3 x Dial b/w $10.50

4 x Crest t/p 16.00

Less Dial DQ (2.00)

Less Crest DQ (6.00)

Less RRs (12.00)

Tax 1.59

OOP $8.09

Earned $9 RR ($4 Crest, $5 Dial) + $7 WC (WYS $25)

Total earned $16.00


Trans 2

3 x Dial b/w $10.50

4 x Crest t/p 16.00

Less Dial DQ (2.00)

Less Crest DQ (3.00)

Less RRs (10.00)

Tax 1.59

OOP $13.09

Earned $9 RR ($4 Crest, $5 Dial) + $7 WC (WYS $25) + 6 WC (see below)

Total earned $22.00

For some strange reason I only received $4 RRs instead of $6 for the Crest. Others have reported the same and nobody knows why we didn't get the right amount.

My $6 Crest DQ didn't deduct. I knew this would happen, because you have to buy identical items/scents to use multiple item Qs eg $6/4 (of course Wags never has enough inventory on their shelves 🙄) I contacted CS and they added $6 to my account. This actually worked out better for me, because the system applied a $3 Crest DQ that I didn't know I had. 


Trans 3

3 x Dial b/w $10.50

Less RRs (4.00)

Less WC (5.00)

Tax 0.63

OOP $2.13

Earned $5 RR

I use the b/w as foam bath. I just dilute it with water & get a whole tub full of bubbles (it foams better when it's diluted, that's why I do it). I almost ran out of Crest a few weeks ago (shocker), so I'm stocking up. 

BBW who? 😂 I've been getting super cheap Dove & Dial b/w at the drugstores, so that's what I'm using. I still love BBW, but their prices have gotten ridiculous. I didn't even shop their semi annual sale this year, because I didn't want to pay $5 for a 10 oz bottle when I can get 22 oz Dove for pennies at the drugstores. I still have some BBW products that I purchased last year. 

So to recap this week's shopping (excl last week's RA trip)

Total items purchased: 22

Total Qs used : $31.00

Total rewards used : $83.84

Total rewards earned (points + rebates) : $87.50

Total OOP : $23.31 ($1.06 per item)

Retail value : $160.98

And this is why I'll never ever give up on drugstore shopping. It was a good week!

Wags has Dawn on sale again next week, but I'm just interested to see if Cascade is included. I don't need any more Dawn. I'm going to do Revlon at RA next week, if the Ibotta deal is still available. I was going to order packaging tape and printer paper from Staples, but I saw that RA has a gc deal next week. So I'll take that extra $10 they're offering, then use the gc to buy what I need. Easy peasy! 

I need to figure out CVS, because I have $5 EB expiring next week. Other than that, I don't need anything else. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww, I feel your pain Sluggy. I'm not half as good as you are at RA, but I'm loving it!

      Delete
  2. Good deals. I use Revlon lipstick, Pink in the Afternoon, so I will get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Revlon lipsticks & mascara (big lash) Linda! If you use Ibotta, there's $3 cash back on Revlon products (lip, eye & face). Limit is 5 per product, so you can get your lipsticks for even less. They have one of my favorite colors too, so I'll pick up some more.

      Delete
  3. Awesome shopping as usual. You always do so well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. I'm trying to save wherever I can.

      Delete
  4. We are going to have to dub you the new RA Queen now that Sluggy has moved south. My daughter's dentist recommended Listerine to her last week. She's like, "Mom, is this supposed to burn?!" I'm like, "yes, that is ho w you know it's working". LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Belinda! I'm not half as good as Sluggy at RA, so I'll settle for the Princess title...lol. Poor Bailey. I actually prefer Colgate mouthwash because it's milder, but Free is free, so Listerine it is.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...