Thursday, August 31, 2023

Snickers wasted

 



Hi everyone

Every time I think the Wags ad isn't good, some great deals pop up. So what's a girl to do? 🤷 Besides, I had RRs to use before it expires this weekend. Here's how my week went.

Trans 1

4 x Dawn $23.56

4 x Snickers 7.96

Less RRs (10.00)

Less WC (20.00)

Tax 1.41

OOP $2.93

Earned 2 x $5 RR (Dawn)


Trans 2

3 x Snickers $5.97

Less WC (5.00)

OOP $0.97

I originally wanted Cascade liquid (stopped at a different Wags while I was out earlier this week), but you can't find that or Tide/Gain at any store, so Dawn it is. The Snickers (10 oz bag) are on sale for $1.99 this week. I'm so used to buying everything on sale, that I actually got sticker shock when I saw the Snickers original price ($5.49). Is that how much regular folks (non-couponers) pay? Asking for a friend 😂

I received a $9/40 paper booster and decided to work on a Plan B, because I had a $15/40 Digital booster too (that would give me $24 back). Can anyone say Double Dip? 😁

So to my local store I went. 

Trans 3

4 x Dawn $23.56

3 x OS deodorant 18.00

1 x Snickers 1.99

Less 3 RRs (13.00)

Tax 2.49

OOP $33.04

Earned $24 WC ($15 WYS $40, $9 WYS $40) + $15 RR ($10 Dawn, $5 OS) + $5 WC (see below). 

Total earned : $44.00

Ugh, Ibotta pulled the OS deal before I went shopping. I'm so bummed, cause I was counting on earning an extra $6.

Uh oh. Here we go again. Cashier scanned all my RRs and the register rejected it. Then it showed that it rejected everything. Deja vu? The same thing happened a few weeks ago and I learned afterwards that it was the Revlon RR that the register wasn't accepting. This time it was the $5 P&G Q (I vaguely remembered someone mentioning it in our coupon group). So the shift manager couldn't figure it out. I told him to just scan the rest and return the $5 RR. I mentioned to him that it's the system (which it is. I don't hold this mess against employees. I feel bad for them having to figure it all out) and that he will see the Catalina machine printing the exact same Q. It was like magic to them, cause voila, that's exactly what happened 😂 Wags should just make me a District Manager now 😂

I knew that the OS Q wouldn't apply, because the store didn't have 3 matching scents available. This was strange, because I actually checked inventory online before going shopping. My store had 3 Captain in stock, so I was very happy. Well, there were only 2 on the shelf.  I just contacted CS when I got home and they added $5 WC to my account. I'm not happy with paying an additional $10 OOP, but such is Wags life. 

The Snickers (for Halloween) and some Dawn will be donated to school next week. I'm only keeping one bag of Snickers, cause I don't need the temptation. I keep telling myself I'll only have one, then I have to go back for another & another. This is why I rarely keep candy in the house. 


RA

2 x $25 Staples gc $50.00

2 x Revlon lipstick B1G75% off 2nd $13.11

Tax 0.79

Less BC (13.90)

OOP $50 Gcs

Earned $10 BC (Gcs)

Earned $6 Ibotta (Revlon) + an additional $5 BC Challenge (Revlon)

Oh yeah. Give me RA all day long. I'm loving the BC Challenges. I've earned a total of $40, which will be added to my account tomorrow. I'm now excited to see what the new Challenges will be (you get to choose which ones you want to do). 

Staples (online)

2 x 6pks tape $50.18

Less 10/50 Q (10.00)

Tax 2.41

OOP $42.59 Paid with the Gcs from RA.

I had a $10 off $50 Q expiring today. So I earned an extra $10 on my gc purchase at RA, then also used a $10 Q Staples emailed me. In the words of Staples 'That was easy' 😂 For those who buy tape, please be sure to check the length. I see that Staples show you the unit cost (per roll), but they don't tell you that some rolls are half the length of others. I always buy the 109 yard rolls. So be sure to check that you're not being tricked into paying more by purchasing the 54 yard rolls, because it seems to cost less per roll. Does this make sense? I'm not sure if I explained it well enough. Again, I was shocked by the price. I always order tape from Staples and used to pay around $16 per pack. Now it's $25! Shocking! And when did printer paper get so expensive? I miss those days when we used to pay 1c per ream. I was going to order a case, but noticed that the current sale price is $10 more than it was last month. I still have one ream left, so I'll wait for a better price. 

That's my drugstore shopping for the week. 

Have a wonderful weekend peeps!

1 comment:

  1. You did well. I cannot stand long enough to shop like you do at WAGs.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...