Monday, August 21, 2023

Menu Plan Monday

I'm behind with cooking this week. We attended an event on Saturday. I was looking forward to something special at the event, but that didn't happen so we left early so I could go 'lick my wounds' in private (everything's fine again). DS wasn't feeling the event either and was very happy to leave early. By the time we got home, my stomach was upset. This is what happens when you drink on an empty stomach (I know better). Some people do stress eating (is that what its called when you eat if you're upset or stressed?). I do the complete opposite - I don't eat and I drank quite a bit (I don't drink much either. 2 drinks is normally my limit). Went to bed and had a lightbulb moment at 3 am. My brain normally runs 100 miles per minute, so things sometimes click while I'm asleep (this is normal for me), because my brain is more relaxed. Well, that kept me up for hours and I fell asleep again when the sun came up. Next thing I knew it was 9 am. My stomach was still upset and I just didn't feel like going shopping or cooking or back for another day at the event, so I washed all the bedding and puttered around the house then took a 3 hour nap. I didn't plan on sleeping that long, but it felt good. Well, guess who was wide awake & not so bright eyed & bushy tailed by bedtime? So I watched tv until late. 

Today I was in the zone. Look out world when I'm like this 😂 I hit 4 stores in under 2 hours and even Wags worked great. Well, something went wrong, but it was expected (more on that next time). Then came home and did all my cooking and cleaned the kitchen in less than 3 hours. Go me! So here's our plan for the week. 

Monday : Beef pot pie, salad & veggies

Tuesday : BBQ chicken breasts, potato salad, baked beans salad, carrot pineapple salad

Wednesday : Same as Monday

Thursday : BBQ chicken wraps and same salads as Tuesday

Friday : Leftovers for me. Carry out for DS

Breakfast : Cereal, eggs, omelettes,  french toast (chocolate brioche or raisin bread), bagels & cream cheese, banana oatmeal muffins, breakfast sausage, bacon (pick your own breakfast)

Lunch : Protein from the freezer & salad

There's always a variety of fresh fruit, veggies and salad fixings available

I also made taco meat & frikkadel to freeze and fresh pico. DS likes the frikkadel, so it's best to just keep a batch in the freezer to heat & eat.

How do I cook so much in so little time? I'm a multitasker. I normally have 3-4 things going at once. I work better that way. I had the beef for the pie in the instant pot (I like my meat melt in the mouth tender, so I cook it in instant pot first), the taco meat on the stove and carrots cooking on the stovetop. I only have 2 burners to work with so this is all I can cook at one time. While that cooked, I prepped onions & cilantro for the taco meat and pico. Yep, I add veggies to my taco meat for extra flavor. I'm calling it  'Not Your Mother's Taco Meat' 😂 After that, I cleaned and marinaded the chicken and placed in fridge. Once the taco meat was done, I prepped the beef mix for the pie. Pie into the oven, so I helped DS prep the muffin mix (might as well bake since the oven's already on) and added peas to the carrots. Then fried the frikkadel while the muffins baked and finished the pico. Is anyone confused yet? 😂

Well, the food's all done, kitchen's clean (I still need to mop the floor) and the dishwasher's running. I'm not even hungry, so it's only DS for dinner. Tomorrow morning I'll bake the chicken, fix the salads and prep some of the produce (salad fixings and some things for the freezer) I bought today. I might make breakfast burritos too, cause I don't like to cook breakfast in the morning & eggs don't fix themselves.  I like to cook early so the house has all day to cool down. 

Bon Appetit Peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you hit the floor running Monday morning. Good for you. I've made the mistake of drinking on an empty stomach and paid the price, glad you're feeling better. My Monday was brutal at work and I went home exhausted. I ended up in bed by 8pm and am feeling so much better now. I can't do naps but I can go to bed early. lol Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I, too, prefer an early night vs a nap. I only nap when I'm sick or utterly exhausted. I had another productive day, so I feel good. I hope the rest of your week is great my friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It never stops Kim, not even when I'm asleep.

      Delete
  3. Everything sounds so good! The melt in your mouth beef pot pie sounds amazing. I’m glad whatever happened is now fine. It can be very upsetting when things don’t go as planned. I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! Everything's much better now. I need to learn to be a bit more patient - all in God's timing :) The pie was so good, we had some for lunch today too. Have a wonderful evening!

      Delete
  4. Lately my cooking has been of the big batch variety of what I have on my menu plan. Right now I hope to do stuffed peppers with the leftover ham later in the week. Hope to make enough to have some extra meals in the freezer when I am done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually considered stuffed peppers too since I bought some peppers yesterday. Ham sounds so good right now. I hope you got some extra meals for the freezer. Have a wonderful evening Jackie!

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...