Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Easy Wags deal

 


Hi everyone

The day started off great. I got on the scale this morning & saw that I lost 1.6 lbs since yesterday!! I was shocked, because I even had a small piece of apple pie yesterday and I eat carbs too (the day before was only 0.6 lbs). I'm a small woman, so this is huge for me. I even weighed myself again 2 hours later to make sure that I wasn't seeing things 😂 Nope, the number is right.  I haven't seen that number in years, so I'm on a high today 😁

I had 2 RRs expiring, so headed to Wags for a quick deal

2 x Old Spice deodorant $13.00
2 x Kit Kat 2.58
Less OS DQ (3.00)
Less RRs (11.00)
Tax 0.78
OOP $2.36

Earned $4 RR (OS) + $5 Ibotta
Total earned $9

The plan was to buy OS & Loreal cleanser, but there were no Loreal products on the shelf. I asked the cashier & she told me that they're getting new inventory. Thank goodness, because it's my preferred brand. I've been using it for over 2 decades. I'm going to be checking the sizes, because items keep shrinking every time manufacturers revamp their packaging. 

The Old Spice is 50c each after Qs and rewards, so I'll go buy another 2 on my other account. If you have points, you can use $10 in points to pay

2 x OS deodorant $13.00
Less DQ (3.00)
Less WC (points) (10.00)
OOP Tax only
Earn $4 RR + $5 Ibotta

I bought the candy as fillers, so my DQ would deduct and to get my total over the RR amount (otherwise I could only use one of the 2 RRs that were expiring). I gave one candy bar to the cashier. DS can eat the other one tonight, cause it's bothering me. I'm not gonna be weak 😂

Well the Wags Days is a huge let down this time. Not much good to buy. The only good day is Saturday, but there's not many good deals. So here's the best ones I could find.

UPDATE - DO NOT use Points/Wags cash to pay for below deals. You won't earn the $20 reward if you pay with points. You CAN pay with RRs though. 

Scenario 1

Spend $45 get $20 WC (points added to your account)

4 x Huggies diapers $42.00
2 x OS deodorant 13.00
Less Huggies DQ (1.00)
Less OS DQ (3.00)
OOP $51
Earn $20 WC + $10 RR WYS $35 Huggies + $4 RR OS + $5 OS Ibotta 
Total earned $39

That's like getting all your items for $12 + tax. 

Be sure to scan your receipts to Fetch & Ibotta. Ibotta has rebates for Huggies pull ups & wipes only (not regular diapers). You can mix & match the diapers with 3 diapers + wipes + old spice to lower your OOP. 

Scenario 2

3 x Huggies diapers $31.50
1 x Huggies wipes 3.99
2 x OS deodorant 13.00
Less Huggies DQ (1.00)
Less Huggies wipes DQ (1.00)
Less OS DQ (3.00)
OOP $43.49
Earn $20 WC + $10 RR WYS $35 Huggies + $1 Huggies wipes Ibotta + $4 RR OS + $5 OS Ibotta 
Total earned $40


Scenario 3

4 x Gain/Bounty/Charmin @ $5.49 = $21.96 (mix & match)
2 x OS deodorant 13.00
2 x Dove b/w 14.00
Less Gain DQ (1.00)
Less OS deodorant DQ (3.00)
Less Dove DQ (2.00)
OOP $42.96
Earn $20 WC + $4 RR OS + $5 RR Bounty/Gain + $5 OS Ibotta
Total earned $34

There's a few different Gain Qs (liquid/pods/softener). You can mix & match these items to lower your OOP. 

There's also a BOGOF Dove paper Q that will lower your OOP even more ($7) if you have Sunday's Q insert. 

Remember, this deal is valid SATURDAY ONLY. The $20 WYS $45 is one time use - unless you have more than one account (you can do it once per account). 

Happy shopping peeps!

5 comments:

  1. You always figure out ways to save at Wags. Wish we had something like that here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie! I wish you had similar drugstore deals/rewards too. It helps the grocery budget a great deal.

      Delete
  2. I just love getting on the scale and see a loss! I've been at a stall for a few weeks now, but I am hopeful. That is a great price on the old Spice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you haven't lost any more Belinda. I'm curious. Do you add any exercise at all? The calories burned helps with weight loss. I try to burn a minimum of 100 calories over my daily required amount. I think you mentioned upcoming knee surgery, so exercise might not be in the cards for you right now.

      Portion control definitely works for me. I found that when I do a cardio workout (after DS leaves for school), I eat a bigger breakfast to replenish the calories & nutrients lost during exercise & end up gaining weight (or maybe it's muscle...lol). I'm hoping to lose another 5 lbs next week. I'm more than ready to get out of the 20s. Fingers crossed for both of us.

      Delete
    2. No exercise at this time, but I have very good intentions. I need both knees replaced, so swimming is best for me and we are supposed to go on Friday evening to the YMCA since that is their open swim night. I’m sure it will help boost the weight loss. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us too. 😊

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...