Tuesday, December 28, 2021

My near free rewards shopping

I hope that everyone had a lovely Christmas. I know it sounds weird, but I'm actually glad the holiday's over. I just haven't been feeling the holidays the last 2 years. 

Today I want to share with you about how I capitalize on all those Birthday & holiday rewards that stores send me. It helps to have a birthday this late in the year, because stores run all kinds of deals from October (some start in September). So here's what I got with my rewards


Loft 

3 jeans

4 shorts

3 tops

1 Bracelet

Rewards : $85 ($10 BD, $75 just because they miss me...lol)

OOP : $10.58

Rakuten : 0.06


WHBM 

2 jeans

1 top 

Rewards : $45 ($15 BD, $30 semi annual reward) Paid balance with gc

OOP : $0

Rakuten : $1.72


Madewell

1 shorts

1 top 

Rewards : $25

OOP $3.16

Rakuten : Mmm, I don't see any Rakuten reward. 


Eddie Bauer 

2 t-shirts (one arrived after pic was taken - a pink t-shirt)

Rewards : $20

OOP : $0

Rakuten : $0.20

I still can't believe I got paid for that Eddie Bauer t-shirts, but I'm not complaining


Kohls

1 Pair athletic shoes

Rewards : $25 ($15 KC, $5 BF, $5 BD) paid balance with Mypoints gc

OOP : $0

Rakuten : This is that mysterious one where I don't know which credited on Rakuten or Swagbucks

Earned $15 KC


Soma

6 Panties

Rewards : $5

OOP : $0 Paid $3.xx balance with gc

Rakuten : $0.14


Bath & Body works

Rewards : 2 x Free items up to $15 each (got 2 body wash. One was already in shower when pic was taken)

OOP : $0.00

Rakuten : In store purchase, so no reward earned


Total OOP : $13.74

Total Rakuten earned : $2.12

Total KC earned : $15.00

Total retail value : $1093.49

Total items : 27


I didn't realise it while shopping (I did multiple transactions at Loft & WHBM), but when I took the pic I noticed that everything actually matches. I can mix & match various pieces (I'm good at that) to create new outfits. 

Evevything I purchased are clearance items. That's my preferred way to shop. Soma had 5/$15 sale panties and then an extra 40% off during BF. So I stacked the savings. Why not?

I know I earned more Loft cash back on Rakuten, but I can't see any details before my last check was issued (November). 

I also received a free dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and Red Robin burger & fries for my birthday.

I know you're all thinking "Ms Goose, you just bought a truckload of undies from FOTL not too long ago."  Well, Soma is the sexy, lacy stuff. I'm a very girly girl and I like a little sexy now & again  ;)

With the exception of Madewell, I shop at all the above stores (I haven't shopped DSW & Loft in a long time, but I've had my accounts for years). I just wait for free shipping days everywhere (I get free shipping all the time at select stores, because of my account status. Translation, I'm a regular shopper...lol), before cashing out.  I know that most people are against store emails and/or accounts, because they want to save money. I do the complete opposite, because I GET FREE money. Who doesn't like FREE brand new items? This girl can splurge without breaking the bank. Remember that there's ALWAYS method to my madness :)

I received many other rewards, but I don't want coupons and I didn't want to spend an unnecessary money. The idea is to NOT spend my own money. I had to spend money at Loft & Madewell, because the Q wouldn't apply if the total was less than the Q value. 

Just when I thought I was done with Loft, they sent me another $25 Q. Same with Eddie Bauer. Who am I to say no...lol If someone handed me $35 cash that I absolutely had to spend, I wouldn't say no. If Loft keeps this up, I'll end up with half a new closet from them. 

I also haven't redeemed some of my food rewards (Panera, DD, Starbucks etc), because I didn't want to make a special trip for just one item. The coffee places always have long lines and I didn't want to go waste time for a cup of coffee or donut.


Here's a list of places you can earn rewards for, without shopping there at all:

Madewell 

$25. You have to spend at least $26. Sign up as an Insider and you get birthday reward + free shipping

Lane Bryant 

They send $10 Qs out from time to time (I don't shop there, but I've read about it many times)

Krispy Kreme 

Just sign up for their rewards. They used to give a coffee and donut, but I received a dozen donuts the past 2 years.

Red Robin 

Join their loyalty program for free burger & fries. If you eat there regularly, you can also participate in their free burger rewards. Earn 10th free burger, for every 9 burgers you purchase. This tracks, so you don't have to buy 9 burgers in one go. 

Panera 

Join their rewards program and earn a free sweet treat for your birthday. 

If anyone knows of any other places that offer Birthday freebies, please let us know so we can all take advantage of the offers.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job on using your birthday rewards. I love that you were able to get so many clothes. Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish we had things like this in my part of Canada. Free or close to free is awesome.

    You did extremely well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. I know the feeling. We never had such bargains in SA either.

      Delete
  3. I love Eddie Bauer rewards. DH & I get quite a number of clothing from them. Kohl's KC bought alot of our family gifts this holiday season. Red Robin burgers here too. We also get GC plus the bonus ones before Christmas for date nights throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, me too! I especially love the EB shorts. Such great quality. Aah, Kohls pays for many of our Christmas gifts too :) It's one of my go to stores. I absolutely love all the discounted & bonus gc deals this time of year. I normally stock up too. Such great savings when buying discounted gcs.

      Delete
  4. You are amazing at getting stuff for next to nothing. Such an inspiration. In Canada, stores don't give monetary incentives really. Wish they did. Americans can really save if they play the store games like you do. Love reading your blog even though I am in Canada.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Theresa. You too have a great week!

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...