Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Sweet treat recipe 1 - Rum Brownies

I did mention before that I would post sweet treats recipes from other bloggers. I'm playing catch up, so forgive me that this is so late.

I'm not familiar with American rum brands, so if anyone could recommend a good brand, I will appreciate it. Thank you.


The Rum brownie is from Anne in the kitchen Thank you for sharing this recipe with us Anne. 

tasteofhome.com/recipes/microwave-brownies/ 

This is identical to the recipe I use every year, but you can also us a brownie mix if you prefer.

The minute they come out of the microwave (or oven if using a mix) I sprinkle about 1/4 cup of dark rum over the top of the brownies then let them sit until they are completely cool. 

I do not use a recipe for the icing because I have been making buttercream for about as long as I remember, and only make enough to ice the brownies. I do reduce the cream and replace it with about a tablespoon of dark rum. Then I put it in an icing bag and pipe the icing over the brownies. I use the star tip, but any tip you wanted to use would work. When it is finished it looks like rows of smushed stars. I generally dust them lightly with cocoa powder then they are ready to cut and enjoy.


I'll post another recipe tomorrow. Please feel free to share any or all of your favorite sweet treat recipe(s) or links to it in the comments. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! I need to get busy making Chris treats soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Belinda. I don't even have a game plan yet, I'm so far behind. I know I want to make some chocolate dipped cookies, cause that's always a hit.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...