I'm so very late to the new year goals this year. It's really hard for me to set financial goals for the year, because I'm not sure what my expenses will be once I move. I hate being in limbo, but until I'm settled in my new home, I won't know how much I need to spend and how much I can then save. I've worked out a rough budget, so I have an idea of what our expenses will be. However, I like to know things to the last cent/penny. No rounding up to the nearest $ for this girl...lol
Buy house & move!!!!
- This is my TOP priority. My realtor sent an email last week, stating that spring listings will start in early February, so I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm just praying that the right house will become available at the right price soon. I have my budget all set for a house & furniture. I just need to find the perfect house.
- This is a tough one, thanks to inflation. I've settled on a $500 p/m budget. I'm hoping to come in at around or under $400 though. We will see how things go as the year progresses. This number includes groceries, HBA & cleaning products.
Try to curb food waste
- We're still working on this one. I'm doing much better than before. I can't wait to get a freezer, because that will also help with less waste if I can freeze leftovers for future use.
Do more drugstore shopping
- I've slacked with this last year. Actually, I've slacked with everything last year, because I had so much going on with the divorce. I need to rebuild part of my stockpile, because it looks like grocery prices will continue to increase. I can save more on our grocery budget, by utilizing the drugstore deals. Whatever items we don't use/need, will be sold.
Earn whatever gift cards I can
- There's been a huge downturn on point earning sites. No more encraves, no more hideout tv. So I'm just trying to earn whatever points I can. Every gc helps.
$0 Clothes & shoes budget
- Trust me when I say WE DON'T NEED ANYTHING. I mean it this time...lol. I have enough stuff to open my own store. The sale was THAT good. I need to write a post, because as you all know 'There's method to my madness'. Trust me, things are really bad out there and I'm thankful for whatever deals I can score. Yup, I need to write that post.
- I still have a bunch of our old stuff listed, so this will all go towards 'if we need something new' (maybe, cause we're fully stocked, except for my athletic shoes that are now non-existent. The style I want/need haven't been available in a long time. I could cry. I wear a specific brand & style, because I have high arches). The rest will go towards Christmas.
As soon as my Christmas shopping was completed last year, I started saving my bills again. Here's what I've started the year with.
$1 bills - $96.00
$5 bills - $185.00
$10 bills - $90.00
Total : $371.00
The $10 bills is just something I add occasionally. My favorite part of shopping, is filling my jars with all the change and small bills. It adds up so fast and I don't even miss it. Outta sight, outta mind.
I haven't cashed out my coins yet. There should be over $100. I'm taking it to a coinstar machine to get a gc. I'll use the gc to purchase clearance items to sell.The funds will then go towards Christmas.
I'm doing the same with all Rakuten checks and my CC gcs (I'm loving those discounted gcs from my one CC)
I'm budgeting $1000.00. I don't know what we'll be doing for Christmas this year. I'm just setting a rough budget (I'd rather have too much than too little). The above saved bills, coins method, CC, Rakuten will all be saved towards Christmas. Whatever is left over, will go to savings.
I've also added $200 Target discounted gcs to this fund. So I already have $571.00 towards Christmas. More than halfway there, so I'm happy.
This is something we really need. I don't know if we'll be taking a vacation this year yet. I'd love to take an annual vacation, but until I'm settled, I can't plan anything yet. I'm actually just happy being by the water. Take me to the beach!!! That's all DS & I really care about. As long as we're by the water, we're happy.
That's all I currently have figured out. I'm actually feeling good about this year. I'm excited to see & experience all the wonderful things this year has in store for me. I'm choosing to be happy :)
Have a wonderful weekend peeps! Stay healthy, safe & warm.