Monday, January 9, 2023

Meal Plan Monday 1/9/23

Hi everyone

I'm still sick, but doing better than before. I woke up feeling great yesterday. I slept most of the day on Saturday and another 10 hours Saturday night. I also discovered that I felt a little better after eating - which I haven't done too well with last week. So I made a big protein breakfast and had a smoothie before lunch time. I decided to do grocery shopping yesterday.  I figured that I'm better off getting the shopping done while I'm feeling well. 

I went to 4 stores. Stocked up on chicken and beef at Sams. I was pleasantly surprised to see a $9 discount on my receipt after checking out at Sams. It turns out there was a $3 discount per chicken package. I wasn't even aware of it. I buy the pricier non GMO chicken, so this was a true blessing. Sure wish I had an extra freezer, because I would've turned right around to get more chicken. I'm hoping this is a monthly deal. I didn't get this month's Instant Savings booklet. I don't need any more meat for the month, but if the discount is still available later this month, then I will buy more chicken. I'm gonna have to clear some freezer space for it. I also stocked up on oranges at Kroger. They had 8 lb bags for $4.69 (or $4.29. I don't have the receipt close by). It's the weekly digital deal, so I bought 2 bags. I've always said that 'An orange a day keeps the flu away' and it's worked for us in the past. I also caved and paid $7.49 for 2 lbs strawberries at Sams. I wouldn't normally do this, but I figured our health is more important and strawberries is rich in Vitamin C. I'd rather pay more than risk getting sick again. Then I saw Aldi had 1 lb strawberries for $3.69 so I didn't feel bad about the Sams price. 

By the time I got home, I was ready for bed. But I still made banana muffins for DS, cooked the beef in the instant pot and marinated the chicken tenders, then had an early night. Well, I doubled the muffin recipe to have some extra to freeze, but the batter turned out to be just enough to make a dozen jumbo muffins. Duh! 😂 We have a few more overripe bananas, so I'll make another batch later this week.

This morning I woke up feeling really rough again. My own fault for overdoing it yesterday. I always do this. I do everything myself, so the minute I start feeling better I want to rush and take care of everything that's been neglected while I was sick. Well, I'm trying to teach myself that Rome wasn't built in one day. So I'm cooking in stages this week. I baked the chicken tenders before DS left for school. I figured that if I need to go sleep again later, then I at least have something ready for dinner. Adding salad and veggies is easy. I'm hoping to make the beef pies later. Here's my plan for the week, in no particular order. We're just gonna eat whatever I manage to get cooked.

Dinner

BWW baked chicken tenders

Beef & mixed veg pot pies

Fajita chicken

Lots of veggies and salad available


Breakfast

Banana oatmeal muffins

Beef & broccoli stir fry

There's also bran cereal and eggs. Lots of fixings for omelets too

Lots of fruit


Lunch

Usually leftovers

My plan was to make beef pies and french onion chicken for this week's dinners. I decided to save the FO chicken for next week, since there's already enough food to eat. I'm hoping to avoid fast food this week. We have several options with the food I'm cooking.  

I will respond to comments later. I need to get mail out and do a bit of cleaning. 

Have a great day peeps. Stay healthy, safe & warm

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough. It is so like mom's to feel a bit better and start trying to get everything done. Been there :).
    If your son is back at school, I hope you can get some rest during the days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on how old DS is maybe he can step up and give you a hand with some of the cooking? Added bonus of an important life lesson/skill in there for him too! I hope whatever this is gets gone from you. 8-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so much done - no wonder you're exhausted! Take care of yourself & get lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem. Started feeling well, did too much and then crashed. I now rest between a task or two before moving on to the next task or two. I hope you start feeling better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon. Take time to get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...