Monday, March 5, 2018

A free jacket

As mentioned in my previous post, I earned $30 Kohls cash and $20 Yes2You reward (I only expected a $15 reward, because it was my only Kohls shopping for the month. I don't know if the points roll over from the previous month), for my shopping the previous week. The total purchases was around $150, but I only spent $35.73 oop for it. The rest was covered by gift cards.



So off to Kohls I went last week to redeem my $50 Rewards. When I got to the men's clearance section. I spotted this jacket at the front of the rail. It looks like someone tried on it, then changed their mind about it. I looked at the price tag and couldn't believe my luck! $32, marked down from $160. That's an 80% savings. The jacket has a hood, is lined and is water resistant.

Why was I so excited about this jacket? After purchasing myself a knee length wool coat for around $50 at Burlington a year or 2 ago, I thought I should get something similar for DS because it keeps your upper legs warm during winter. My plan was to wait until Spring, then check Burlington clearance for a coat. That plan has changed, because I got this Levi's jacket for FREE with my Kohls cash.

Another reason I'm excited. While Levi's aren't exactly a high end brand, their jackets are quite popular and super expensive. I would never pay $160 for this jacket. I checked the manufacturer's tag and saw "Made in China". No way am I paying that much for something that costs pennies on the dollar to manufacture (I thank my dad for all those lessons he taught me :) ). We always keep our coats/jackets for a number of years. So when DS gets tired of this jacket, we will sell it. On the low end, we should get around $50 for it. If this style has been discontinued by then, the value would be increased. Meaning we can get around $70-100 for it. I've checked online and see that some similar used jackets have sold for $70-90. But even if we get $50 for this jacket, it will be pure profit since I paid for it with Kohls cash. Happy dance!

On another note, I pulled around 50 items from my closet/ironing baskets to sell. I realised that unlike DS's closet, mine doesn't get purged twice a year. I hold onto things, because it's in great condition and doesn't need replacing every year. Well, those items are all being listed for sale. Out of my house and money in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...