Sunday, March 11, 2018

Small CVS run and other happenings

I did a small CVS trip on Friday, because there wasn't much good in the ad. Just picked up a few MM items

2 Colgate t/p  $6.98
1 Sure deodorant $2.00
1 Hershey gold candy $0.99
Less 2 Colgate qs (4.00)
Less Simple q (1.00)
Less Hershey q (0.50)
Less Hershey CRT (0.74) I was really surprised that it deducted the full value, because CVS does not give overage
Less EB (2.00) My other EBs have $5 and $7 values
Total incl tax $2.27 Paid with a gc

Earned $5 Ebs ($4 Colgate, $1 Sure) A small MM trip for me. I now have a total of $22 EBs for future purchases and still $15.66 on my gc. I love FREE shopping!

Redeemed a total of $75 gcs from 3 different sites ($50 Kohls, $25 Walmart)

I decided to experiment with the Sams gc idea. I didn't just want to redeem for a bunch of Walmart gcs, only to find that it doesn't work online. So I ordered the $50 Red Robin gcs (Sams cost $42.78). Paid with the $45 Walmart gcs that I had and it worked! Happy Dance.

I tried explaining the deal to DH and I could see his eyes start to glaze over as I talked. I said 'you're prolly thinking WTH is she talking about?'...lol. So I just told him 'we'll be eating at Red Robin for free'...lol. Now that I know it works, I can save my gcs to purchase more reduced Sams gcs.

We've been doing really well with not getting carry out on Fridays (we used to do that every week and it would cost $15-20 per week). We still get the occasional carry out (maybe once a month), and not only have I been feeling better about what we eat (I cook from scratch), but I've also lost weight. I'm now down 6 lbs and still have 6lbs to get to my target weight. I can't lose any more than that or I'll be underweight again.

I can't wait for the weather to get better, so I can go running again. I went out 2 days last week and the fresh air felt so good (I'm a fresh air girl. I'd throw open all the windows year round, if I could). I'm not trying to run a marathon. I just want to get back in shape again and not gain weight again. Who knows, I might just decide to join a club and run a short marathon. We'll see what happens.

I've listed most of our clothes for sale. I still have about 15 items to list and I'm continuing with purging. I'm purging everything, not just clothes. Whatever we can't sell, gets donated. It's so freeing getting rid of clutter.

Now on to my week of jet lag from DST. I never get jet lag when we travel abroad, but DST always makes me feel jet lagged for a week afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. Ms goose,
    Good going. I have tried to find you since you commented on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Practical Parsimony. Love reading your blog :)

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...