Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Wags GRRRRR

Three months in lockdown made me forget how bad WAGS can be. What should've been a quick 10 minute in & out trip, turned into a 40 minute fiasco.



Trans 1

3 x Colgate t/p $8.97
3 x Crest t/p 8.97
3 x Aveeno lotion 10.47
4 x Palmolive 7.96
Less Crest DQ (5.97)
Less Aveeno DQ (4.00)
Less Aveeno DQ (3.00)
Less RR (6.58)
Tax 2.18
OOP $19.00

Earned $19 BR points ($4 Palmolive, $5 WYS $20, $5 WYS $20 DQ, $5 WY make 3 trips) + $7 BR Points

Total earned $26 + $5 = $31.

First, I bought 3 Oral b t/b & 3 Colgate Optic t/p. At the end of transaction none of those DQs deducted. The shift manager tried ringing it up again, even though it didn't work the first time (ugh). So I told her to void the transaction and I'll get different Crest & Colgate. So I did & the DQs deducted. 

BUT..... no RRs printed. I was supposed to get $3 Crest & $4 Colgate RRs. The cashier told me the CAT machine doesn't work. WTH? You guys are aware of the machine not working, but you don't put up a sign notifying customers?! After all, they have several RR deals in their ad this week (insert eyeroll). So she added $7 BR points to my account. 

The manager was no good. She didn't know how to fix the DQs that didn't deduct (they can override it and I know how it works, but I was so frustrated at this point). WAGS no longer has paper store ads (real genius) and she asked me how much I was supposed to get in RRs and I told her $7, but she didn't believe me. Then she wanted to see the amounts on my DQs on my phone. I told her that RRs aren't displayed under your DQs. So the cashier hauled out a printed copy of the ad and she saw that it was indeed $7. Face palm, rolling eyes. I rolled my eyes (inwardly) so much at WAGS today, I thought I was gonna fall over.

I couldn't figure out why my OOP was so high. I had a great scenario planned with DQs, cause I knew that I couln't pay with points to earn the bonus points. So when I got home and checked my receipt & online account, I noticed that my Colgate DQ didn't deduct. Also, the Aveeno was supposed to be B2G1F (big signs on the shelf). So I did Live Chat and got another $5 added to my account and I have to go in store to fix the Aveeno deal. Grrr. At this point, I just feel like returning the Aveeno. 

So for the 2nd transcation, I asked if the CAT machine at the 2nd register works and manager says yes. So I haul everything over there, cashier starts ringing everything up then the manager says she doesn't know if the CAT machine will work & that I should go pay at the photo counter. $#@%%*(&

So another transaction voided. Loaded everything into my cart and then off to the photo counter. Thankfully the last 2 transactions worked out. As least I thought so, because I just noticed that my $1 OS DQ didn't deduct either. I'm too worn out to bother with it.




Trans 2

2 x Old Spice b/w $12.00
2 x Palmolive 3.98
3 x A&H detergent $6.99 (B1G2F)
Less BR Points (20.00)
Tax 1.38
OOP $4.35

Earned $2 BR (Palmolive) + $6.50 RR (Old Spice)

Trans 3

2 x Dial Soap $7.00
Less DQ (2.00)
Less BR points (5.00)
Tax 0.42
OOP $0.42

I gave the cashier 2 quarters and then he handed one quarter back to me. Huh? I was too messed up to even bother fixing this. That at least makes up for part of my OS DQ that didn't deduct...lol

I started today with $20 BR Points & $6.58 RR

Balance after everything = $29 BR + 6.50 RR

Total OOP $23.60

Total retail value : $93.68

I basically have the same amount of RRS & my BR Points are up by $9. The Aveeno might only give me back $3.49, since I used DQs (not paper). WAGS made me spend way too much OOP. I was just gonna roll my RRS into Trans 2 and add more Palmolive, to help lower my OOP. 

My dish soap stockpile is now up to 15 bottles (including DT ones). My goal is 30 bottles (if I can find more during the sale period).

Lisa (Figuring out retirement), please don't try the Kotex deal. The DQ didn't deduct.

WAGS is supposed to have a bonus Beauty event from Thursday, but nobody's received their DQs yet. If I get one, I'll be back at WAGS on Thursday or Friday. I need to stop by CVS too.

Hope everyone's scoring good deals too!



3 comments:

  1. I cannot even think about that much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love smooth sailing, but WAGs sure knows how to try my patience. I usually leave the store in a daze, when things go wrong. This is why I go home to regroup & study my receipts & online account.

      Delete
  2. That is exactly what I thought as I left the store Sluggy...lol.

    CVS is my preferred store, but you can't beat the deals & no limits at WAGs.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...