Saturday, June 6, 2020

Back to regular drugstore shopping

I finally got back to my regular drugstore shopping routine. WAGS & CVS had a few good deals with coupons expiring 6/6, so I made a list and headed out. First stop WAGS



Trans 1

4 x Old Spice deodorant $20.00
2 x Loreal Elvive shampoo 8.00
2 x Palmolive dish soap 3.98
1 x Mentos  1.29
Less Old Spice DQ (6.00)
Less Loreal IVC (2.00)
Less Loreal DQ (4.00)
Less BR Points (20.00)
Tax 1.92
OOP $3.19

Earned $5.29 RRs ($4 Old Spice, $1.29 Mentos), $2 BR points (Palmolive), $8.10 Ibotta (Old Spice + any item)

Total earned $15.39




Trans 2

4 x Crest t/p $11.96
2 x Palmolive dish soap 3.98
3 x Purex detergent 6.00
2 x Oral B t/b 7.98
1 x Mentos 1.29
Less 2 Crest DQs (10.00)
Less Purex q (0.50)
Less BR Points (20.00)
Tax 1.80
OOP $2.51

Earned $10 BR Points ($8 Crest, $2 Palmolive) + $1.29 RR (Mentos)

So my $3 Oral B RR didn't print, but I didn't have time to figure it out. I'm trying to spend less time in store and I still needed to go to CVS & Walmart, so I decided to just wait until I got home. I knew that it wasn't the CAT machine, cause my Mentos RR printed. I knew that I could just contact CS to refund me. Well, after studying the receipt when I got home, I noticed that the cashier didn't scan all 3 toothbrushes. I bought 3, but she only scanned 2. Ugh! This isn't the first time this has happened. You had to buy 3 to get the reward. I figured I'm actually ahead, because the t/b costs $3.99 and the reward was only for $3. So 99c extra in my pocket.

I started out with $48 BR Points and ended up with $21 BR. I don't mind spending it down, as long as my OOP is low.

The Palmolive is a monthly deal (thru 6/27). Buy 2, get $2 BR. Sale price is $1.99. I figured this is a better deal than my DT deal. DT bonus size bottles are 16 oz vs WAGS 20 oz bottles. I'm stocking up.

This deal rolls, so you can keep using your earned points, to roll into another deal. For those who'd like to try, do the following:

2 x Palmolive $3.98
OOP $3.98 + tax
Earn $2 BR points

Trans 2

2 x Palmolive $3.98
Less BR points from previous transaction (2.00)
OOP $1.98 + tax
Earn $2 BR Points

Rinse & repeat




CVS

Let me start off by saying that I'm beyond mad at CVS. Contacted CS about my expired EBs (that they were supposed to reissue). Haven't heard a thing back, nor has anything been added to my account. That's $27 down the drain. Really CVS. We still have a Stay Home order in place & this is how you thank your customers!

The other thing is that I couldn't find my $10 EB from my last shopping trip. I normally cut my EBs and place it in my wallet, but the last I remember seeing the receipts, is when I wrote my previous blog post. The crazy part is that I easily found the other receipt from the same date. I'm blaming lockdown for my CRS (can't remember shit)....lol So yeah, my OOP was really high.

2 x Garnier shampoo $7.00
2 x Loreal Elvive 8.00
3 x Pantene detangler 15.00
1 x Bulldog razor 9.99
1 x Schick razor 8.99
1 x Covergirl lipstick $8.79
1 x Covergirl mascara 6.79
1 x GS blender 6.49
Less Garnier q (3.00)
Less Loreal Q (4.00)
Less Schick DQ (4.00)
Less Bulldog DQ (4.00)
Less Covergirl DQ (3.00)
Less Covergirl DQ (3.00)
Less 3/12 cosmetics DQ (3.00)
Less 3/12 Shave DQ (3.00)
Less 3/15 Haircare DQ (3.00)
Less Hair care DQ (2.00)
Less Pantene DQ (2.00)
Less Beauty EB (3.00)
Less GSQ Q (6.49) Free wyb $15 Covergirl
Tax 2.97
OOP $27.53 Paid $5 of it with a gc
Total OOP $22.53

Earned $19 EBs ($4 Bulldog, $3 Schick, $4 Pantene, $2 Loreal, $6 Covergirl).

Should get another $3 Beauty EB too. That's $22 earned.

A very spendy drugstore shopping day for me.

Total OOP : $28.23
Less cash back earned $8.10
OOP $20.13
Retail value : 205.16

Well, I'll take that 90% saving any day...lol

I opted to do a big transaction instead of smaller ones to lower my OOP. If I just did separate transactions, I'd still have a small EB amount to roll into future deals. That means more small transactions.

I'm so very happy to get my Pantene detangler on sale again. This stuff is too pricey (well according to me...lol ) for me to pay full price for it. Silly me just realised that I never clipped the Pantene paper q. Ugh.

For those folks who still think we are crazy to stockpile, let me tell you that we haven't needed a single HBA or household item for the 3 months we've been in lockdown. We had more than enough food too and still do. We still have enough HBA items in our stockpile to last several months. However, I'm building up my stockpile again, just in case there's a 2nd wave (which I hope won't happen). If not, then we'll at least be set for winter and I don't have to worry about chasing deals in bad winter weather.

WALMART

I did some grocery shopping at Walmart. We really only needed bagged salad, bananas & milk, but I left the store $100 later. Oy vey...lol

I did find something new. I was getting some Rotel tomatoes, when I spotted the Walmart brand for 46c. I immediately put the Rotel ($1) back onto the shelf & grabbed a few Walmart ones instead. If it tastes good, then I'll stock up on it next time.

That's my shopping for the week. I only have drugstore shopping on my list for next week. We really don't need any more food.



11 comments:

  1. You jumped back to this in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make up for the 3 months of deals I missed out on Linda...lol.

      Delete
  2. That is a great coupon haul. I like the Pantene detangler too, it really makes your hair soft and easy to comb through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The Pantene's on sale again this week. Buy 3 get $5 EB. Check your account for hair care & other Pantene qs. I usually get a $3/$XX hair care CRT.

      3 x Pantene $15.00
      Less Man q (3.00)
      Less CRT (3.00)
      OOP $9 get $5 EB, so $4 for 3 bottles or possibly free if you have any EBs to use.

      Delete
    2. I went to Walgreens today to get the Palmolive dish soap and the shelves were wiped clean. The nice clerk said the truck comes Wednesday and to try again Thursday.

      Will get the Pantene then too.

      Delete
    3. That's too bad Lisa. I hope you're able to find some on Thursday. I buy it whenever I can find any, because I know it's a hot item. Thankfully there are not too many drugstore couponers in my area. I need to do my Pantene deal on Thursday too. I see a few good things I can get with my CRTs

      Don't know if anyone in your household uses Kotex, but WAGS has a $5/2 digital q, so you can pick up super cheap Kotex items 49c each (PSA $2.89 each)

      Delete
    4. Lisa don't try the Kotex deal. My DQ didn't deduct, so I asked them to void the transaction. It might work online though. The online prices are much lower than store prices.

      Delete
  3. You still did very good!
    I have not used a coupon since before the shutdown started but you make me want to get back to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda! This was my first big coupon haul since the shutdown too. I haven't used any coupons at the grocery store yet. It feels so good to get back to regular shopping mode.

      Delete

My blog has moved

Hi everyone I have decided to move my blog. I tried to sign up for ads several years ago, only to to discover that the ex already owned an a...